Converting DVD to MP4 no longer works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting DVD to MP4 no longer works

Ever since the release of DVDFab 11.1.0.6 converting a DVD to MP4 format the results do not work. The MP4 file created is 3 times larger than previous versions and will not work with DVDFab Player 6 or any player I try it on. The results using DVDFab 11.0.8.2 do work well with all players. I have tried to work with support but the response has always been to try the newest version which does the same exact thing. The latest version I tried is DVDFab 12.0.0.4. and it also does not work.
    Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I can’t duplicate this problem using the standard mp4 profile (not Mobile or Theatrical) with v12.0.0.4. and played with VLC or Fab Player 6. Which profile are you using? Please attach the DVDFab internal log session from the creation of one of these unplayable ones and analyze one with the (free)MediaInfo tool and attach the text file output of that as well. Information on supplying logs can be found in my sig, below. Refresh the page in you browser if you can’t see the links.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the reply signals, the default for the new DVDFab versions is "theatrical" and that is the one I was using and that does not play well with DVDFab Player 6, someone might want to look at that.. Took me a while to find the setting for "standard", plane mp4, but once I did it is now working well, bit larger file but that is OK.

Comment

Understood, I will try Theatrical and see how it goes. If the files are too large you can 1) change the slider for a lower b/p number or 2) change the audio settings to produce Stereo AAC.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8190 View Post
          Thanks for the reply signals, the default for the new DVDFab versions is "theatrical" and that is the one I was using and that does not play well with DVDFab Player 6, someone might want to look at that.. Took me a while to find the setting for "standard", plane mp4, but once I did it is now working well, bit larger file but that is OK.
          Hello, we need the dvdfab_internal log file for analyzing and to help duplicate the issue, thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X