Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to move DVDFab from Win8.1 to Win10 --- Same PC

Hi,

I have a long time licence for 2 DVDFab components and I have the following versions of DVDFab installed on my Win8.1 partition:

DVDFab 8 QT, 9, 10, 11 & 12 (64Bit where applicable)

In the Member center:

DVDFab Platinum 3.x x 1
    ID:1-55xx53 (I've replaced 2 digits with xx)

And for License Authorizations, I have 1 Windows activation with my email address & the MAC address of my PC listed. There is also the option to Deauthorize All.

I have both Win8.1 and Win10 installed on the PC.

When I boot into Win8.1 my PC hard locks or freezes about 5 to 10 secs after the desktop loads. I have been unable to determine the cause, although Win8.1 Safe Mode with Network works OK (within the limitations of Safe Mode). However, I have no such problems with Win10.

Anyway, despite my dislike Win10, I have decided to re-install Win10, removing my Win8.1 partition in the process.

Therefore, I need to re-install DVDFab. So my questions are:

* What do I need to do to enable a successful re-install and re-authorization of DVDFab once I have re-installed Win10?
    Note: I will be using the SAME PC.

* Do I need to Deauthorise my licence before hand (remembering that I will be using the same PC)?

* What information to I need on-hand, eg. my email address and anything else?

* If I decide to re-install DVDFab 8 QT & DVDFab 9 ... How can I obtain a copy of the licence key?

* Anything else?

Cheers
    BazzaG...

Do not use Deauthorize All except as a last resort. Just start DVDFab v11 or 12 and choose the Deauthorize option from the Settings menu (do this before changing the OS). The key files for the others should be on the pc somewhere, just use Windows to search for a file with a .dvdfab file suffix first. The Service Team may be able to send your key files for the older versions if you can’t find them, but those versions can no longer “phone home” to the decryption servers for help with problem discs.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

Re: Deauthorize option from the Settings menu ... Will do so, as long as that works when running DVDFab v11 in Win8.1 Safe Mode with Network (I've un-installed v12 as part of the looong attempt to try & resolve the problem with Win8.1).

I searched my Win8.1 partition from Win10 and could not find any *.dvdfab files. I seem to remember that I got these via email, so I checked my old emails and didn't find anything either. While at this stage I wasn't really intending to re-install the older vers of DVDFab it would be nice to be able to do so, if needed.

I'll open a ticket.

When I re-install DVDFab v12 on Win10 in order to re-register DVDFab, what specific info do I need? Is it just my email address?

----------

PS. I have subscribed to this thread, however, I did NOT receive any email regarding your update ... my User Settings have email notifications enabled. Also, if I select 'My Profile' I get ... "Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page", this doesn't seem correct.

Comment

The only information you will need to Authorize on Win10 is the email and password used to access your account in the Member Center on the DVDFab website. When you click Authorize in Settings, a box will pop up to enter the data.

I am not aware of a problem with the forum email system. Please check in your spam folder to see if it might be there. You should be able to access your profile page, please tell me what you are clicking on to try to access it.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks. I did get a email response your latest update.

I have email & pswd.

I have also opened a ticket re: the key files for the older vers of DVDFab.

Cheers
          BazzaG...

Comment

Glad to hear it, sounds like you are set to go. Good luck with Win10.

Comment

Working...
            X