Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Software Do I need to BUY to convert audio?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Software Do I need to BUY to convert audio?

I have some MKV video files given to me that I want to watch and play thru my ROKU Ultra.
    The audio is in 5.1 format and won't play thru my older 2015 Samsung HD TV.
    The video plays fine.

I need to convert these files so we can hear them. I've read elsewhere they need converted to AC3 files in order to play thru the ROKU.
    Guess I will try and find out.

Which software do I need to buy today?
    I currently own the DVD Copy, BD Copy, DVD Ripper, and BD Ripper software.

Thanks to anyone that can help me.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl70; 11-16-2020, 05:21 PM.

have you tried pressing the home button - settings - audio - Auto detect ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
      have you tried pressing the home button - settings - audio - Auto detect ??
      You mean on my Roku AND my TV settings?
      If so, yes, I’ve changed every setting possibility which isn’t much. I have a 2015 Samsung 1080p smart tv.
      But apparently they didnt invest much in the Audio.
      Everything I make and create with DVDFAB software plays great.
      Episodes of a recent tv show obtained my cousin won’t play the audio done in the 5.1 format.

So I’ve wanted to buy the correct Fab software from here to convert it to a lower format.

i need direction on what to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post

You mean on my Roku AND my TV settings?
        If so, yes, I’ve changed every setting possibility which isn’t much. I have a 2015 Samsung 1080p smart tv.
        But apparently they didnt invest much in the Audio.
        Everything I make and create with DVDFAB software plays great.
        Episodes of a recent tv show obtained my cousin won’t play the audio done in the 5.1 format.

So I’ve wanted to buy the correct Fab software from here to convert it to a lower format.

i need direction on what to buy.
        dvdfab video converter - https://www.dvdfab.cn/video-converter.htm

Comment

To convert the existing files you would need the DVDFab Converter module, but make sure first it is not some setting on the Roku that is causing the problem.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            To convert the existing files you would need the DVDFab Converter module, but make sure first it is not some setting on the Roku that is causing the problem.
            Thank you Signals. Yes, I've checked everything and have had others on the ROKU messageboard direct me to get some audio conversion software to make my files playable.

So I need to buy this one?

https://www.dvdfab.cn/video-converte...page,headmenu1

Comment

Hi Hawkgirl, that is the one. Give it a whirl with the trial version and see how it goes.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X