Creating a Digial Library of my Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating a Digial Library of my Movies

I would like to put all my physical movies onto a hard drive. Is that possible with DVDFab? If so, can someone give me the steps? I have a large library and it's going to take some time to do!

There are many ways DVDFab can do this, using either the Copy module or the Ripper module. All you need to do is start DVDFab, select the module you want to use, then put the disc you want to copy in your drive. Then select where you want the output written to (lower left) and check other settings and click Start. I suggest you become more familiar with the product before starting such a big project. The Copy module can preserve the menus and bonus content if desired, the Ripper module converts the movie (only) to an mp4 or other type of video file which is smaller to store but will take longer to process. You can find lots more information on the DVDFab website at www.dvdfab.cn
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Jimbo54, Signals pretty much explained the whole thing.
      If you paid for both Copy and ripper modules, you can choose what you want. You get more with copy module (whole disc or just main movie), but those files are large. Sometimes up to 8 GB. Ripper lets you convert them into smaller files (mp4 or another format) if space on external drives is problematic. You would be surprised how fast you can fill a 4 TB external drive. Maybe you can try both methods on the same physical disc and decide what works better for you. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X