Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can DVDFab12 suite combine MP4 video and an audio file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Can DVDFab12 suite combine MP4 video and an audio file?

New to DVDFab12 -- and all these processes in general.

I'm having trouble ripping a 3D movie from a Blu-ray, so am trying to get what chapters I can from it. Some chapters record video fine but there is no sound, even though all settings are the same each time. Thought I might try extracting the sound separately and then putting the two together. Sound file came out fine (tested in VLC). But I can't figure out how to put the two files -- video and audio -- together within the DVDFab12 suite. I would be very surprised if it isn't capable of putting the two together and saving them out to one MP4 file.

Any and all help appreciated. If I've chosen the wrong area to ask such questions, please do let me know where they should go.

Hi, DVDFab 12 products don't support combining Video and Audio into one file.

As for the no sound problem, you can use Mediainfo, a free tool to analyze the output file, and check if there is audio info; you can also try to use a different software player to playback the file to see if you could get sound or not.
    Last edited by Mona; 06-04-2021, 04:23 AM. Reason: correct description

Comment

Thanks, Mona. How sad that DVDFab12 can't combine the two. Seems such a simple thing. Whether Mediainfo says there's something there or not, or even if sound works on other software isn't really useful as far as I can see, since my sole object is to get 3D movies to play inside the Oculus Quest 2 on a big screen in actual 3D (they are stunning in there). Having sound work elsewhere is kind of moot.

What I can't understand is why there *is* sound on the movie if I play it in, say, DVDFab's Player, but that DVDFab12 refuses to record it in a way the Player can play it back when I record it just as a single chapter. Seems like something is wrong with DVDFab12.

Comment

Not trying to contradict the info Mona gave you but you might want to give Toolkit at try. It doesn't come with the All-in-one package so you'll have to get it separate but I've been using it to add English tracks to 3D exclusives from other countries that didn't come with it. You'll want to look at the "Remux Audio" option. DVDFab should be able to rip your blu-ray with all the audio though so it would be a workaround for something that shouldn't be an issue. It has MP4 and MKV output options.

Comment

I think Mona took the question to mean do it within the DVDFab main program, which it can’t. But you are correct about Toolkit, it is a great tool for everyone to have on their PC.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by nowheeat View Post
            What I can't understand is why there *is* sound on the movie if I play it in, say, DVDFab's Player, but that DVDFab12 refuses to record it in a way the Player can play it back when I record it just as a single chapter. Seems like something is wrong with DVDFab12.
            We need more info.
            1. What is the movie title that you got this no sound issue?
            2. Which profile and settings did you set for the conversion?
            3. Did you use Mediainfo to analyze the output file, did you get audio info?
            4. Please send us the dvdfab_internal log session for the movie.
            Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X