This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Request Forum Instructions?

I'm thinking some feature requestion instructions are needed as part of a sticky at the top of the forum. Specifically, the title needs to be something that people would recognize to keep interest in the same idea in one place (and let DVDFab know how much interest there is).

"New Idea for File to Mobile" = bad.
    "Allow merge of files in File to Mobile" = good

This is important in the feature request forum specifically and is a good guideline for all forums. Once there is a guideline then mods who have the time could correct the title as needed.

It has some general guidelines already:

I agree, the more specific the title, the better. I think the number of posts and views of a given request are a good indication of user interest and duplicate feature requests are routinely merged into the existing thread.

Forum-related questions/suggestions/feature requests were intended to go in the General Questions forum, and there was at one time something that explained this, but I don't see it now. I will move your thread there and think about a way to make this all a little more intuitive.

This forum where this was originally posted (General Chat) is just what the name implies. Feature requests posted there may never see the light of day.

Originally posted by Complication View Post
    I'm thinking some feature requestion instructions are needed as part of a sticky at the top of the forum. Specifically, the title needs to be something that people would recognize to keep interest in the same idea in one place (and let DVDFab know how much interest there is).

"New Idea for File to Mobile" = bad.
    "Allow merge of files in File to Mobile" = good

This is important in the feature request forum specifically and is a good guideline for all forums. Once there is a guideline then mods who have the time could correct the title as needed.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      It has some general guidelines already:

My point was that specific instructions should probably be added to the sticky items at the top of the feature request forum.

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Forum-related questions/suggestions/feature requests were intended to go in the General Questions forum, and there was at one time something that explained this, but I don't see it now. I will move your thread there and think about a way to make this all a little more intuitive.

This forum where this was originally posted (General Chat) is just what the name implies. Feature requests posted there may never see the light of day.
      I specifically did not post in the feature request forum because I interpreted it as feature requests for DVDFab rather than the forum itself. I suppose they are all part of the same (meta) product experience.

It is interesting that the General Chat forum was created to allow multiple threads but people still felt compelled to start the big chat thread like on CD Freaks:

DVD FAB Products Discussion Thread

Comment

Working...
      X