microsoft app store blocking update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

microsoft app store blocking update

i went to download the update for fab and microsoft store popped up and said i needed to update. Now it will not let me update fab, yet fab is allowed thru the firewall. This a recent issue 12057 is my latest update. not very savvy on computers but if anyone can help it would b appreciated. This the only app that it has affected. Could i somehow disable the store? tnx for any help.

Originally posted by dougslaine View Post
    i went to download the update for fab and microsoft store popped up and said i needed to update. Now it will not let me update fab, yet fab is allowed thru the firewall. This a recent issue 12057 is my latest update. not very savvy on computers but if anyone can help it would b appreciated. This the only app that it has affected. Could i somehow disable the store? tnx for any help.
    try the offline installer - https://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm?ad=forum_nav

Comment

Thanks October what i have found is Fab gets downloaded but the microsoft store is blocking the installation of the update. Any ideas?

Comment

Thanks October what i have found is Fab gets downloaded but the microsoft store is blocking the installation of the update. Any ideas?
        you may need to add dvdfab to your antivirus software exception list
        so it won't get blocked from installing.

Comment

Did you actually download the offline installer? Use the link below to save it to your hard disc, then launch it and let us know if that works..

https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php...Fab12_x64_FULL

btw, are you on your own personal computer or on a business machine managed by a work administrator?
          are you using a microsoft logon id to start up your computer?
          Last edited by Rich86; 01-28-2022, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Thanks Rich downloaded the installer when it was finished downloading a few seconds later a box pops up and said go to microsoft store if you sill want to install apps from outside microsoft store. This happened a couple days ago. Every time i download it goes to that box, when i go to install from my downloads the box pos up. This is my personal pc, when i startup from off i login with an i d. No problems, Fab is the only app this is happening to. Thanks for ur and Octobers help.

Comment

Thanks Rich downloaded the installer when it was finished downloading a few seconds later a box pops up and said go to microsoft store if you sill want to install apps from outside microsoft store. This happened a couple days ago. Every time i download it goes to that box, when i go to install from my downloads the box pos up. This is my personal pc, when i startup from off i login with an i d. No problems, Fab is the only app this is happening to. Thanks for ur and Octobers help.
              is this happening on windows 10 or 11 ??
              1: under windows 10, select start - settings - apps >apps&features
              2: under installing apps select either Allow apps from anywhere or Turn off app recommendations

Comment

Once again, I see Msoft treating users like idiots and trying to manage everything. Even Apple is not this bad.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks October that worked, what i found odd is it was always set at allow apps from anywhere but upon checking it was at allow apps from store only. Thanks for all the help. It seems it changed after an update.

Comment

I tried to update few days ago. When I launched DvdFab, a small window popped up and reminded me an update was available. Small update, only 15.3 MB. It failed several times. I decided to wait until next update. (This issue happened to me in the past.)

I followed October262's suggestion and checked app settings with Windows 10. It showed 'app installation was available from anywhere'. So, I tried again to update DvdFab today. No luck.

I decided to pause my Nordvpn. My final attempt was successful. Now, I have the latest version. I need to remember it next time.

Comment

I don't have an active VPN and am only using the native MS Win Anti-Virus.on a Win10 Home system.

Comment

Working...
                      X