X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about PathPlayer

Hi,

im used to use DVDFabs Decrypter to rip a DVD to Hard Drive.

But today ive noticed in the Disc Info Log about Pathplayer from the Original DVD:

PathPlayer is enabled!
    Unplayable cell (vts:3 title pgc:2 cell:1) is removed!
    - cut -
    Unplayable cell (vts:7 title pgc:1 cell:1) is removed!
    13 unplayable cells are removed!
    But when i re-open the ripped Disc from Hard Drive, DVDFab still reports those Unplayable Cells. Shouldnt they actually be removed

So my Question is:

Does this has any influence when i burn the DVD back to Disc? I usually never had such a "Problem" with a Disc, so im kinda unsure if im going to waste my Media or not.

Thanks in advance!

Does DVDFab report any bad sectors being found on this rip from the HDD? If it does not then do not worry as it reports that all the copy protection has been removed. If you not want to see that then turn pathplayer off and the unplayable cells will not be listed

Comment

I can't provide you with a technical explanation although I have seen Fengtao speak to this some time ago.

From a purist's point of view, occasionally Fab will not give you as "clean" a rip as you may get from first
      using Fab to rip and then using 3rd party software to "clean" the rip.

I have never seen for myself that a "cleaned" disc is a higher quality video or more watchable.
      Of course, there is that rare disc out there that will cause any software to stumble.
      I know and respect some members that "clean" the rip again, but for me,
      it doesn't make any difference.
      Besides, it takes too darn long.
      But "to each, his own".

Bottom line...do these discs play ok?...I'm betting that they do
      Last edited by maineman; 03-18-2010, 02:00 PM.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        Does DVDFab report any bad sectors being found on this rip from the HDD? If it does not then do not worry as it reports that all the copy protection has been removed. If you not want to see that then turn pathplayer off and the unplayable cells will not be listed
        But why they remain in the ripped Disc if they should be removed?

Originally posted by maineman View Post
        Bottom line...do these discs play ok?...I'm betting that they do
        Playsback as what ive seen so far.

Its just a bit curious because, as i said, ive never experienced something like that.

Comment

Like I said, I can't provide the explanation...sorry.
          I think this one's for the author.

If you do a search for Fengtao's posts, you might come up with it.
          It was quite a while back though
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Mumpfi3k View Post
            But why they remain in the ripped Disc if they should be removed?

Playsback as what ive seen so far.

Its just a bit curious because, as i said, ive never experienced something like that.

The simple explanation is:

DVDFab removes the unplayable content of those cells, but not the cells themselves. Zeroes are substituted for the unplayable content.

The cells are left in place to keep the IFO files intact, as it would take more logic and programming code to include routines to adjust the IFOs to compensate for the missing cells, and that isn't really necessary.

The files, as written after the rip, should only be slightly less than the original... and no, you won't be wasting any media doing it this way, as the cells are skipped on the original anyways during playback, and the added amount of unplayable content that these cells add to the size of a DVD is less than the old drop in a bucket anyways...

Does this help you at all?

DC

Comment

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
              The cells are left in place to keep the IFO files intact, as it would take more logic and programming code to include routines to adjust the IFOs to compensate for the missing cells, and that isn't really necessary.
              Sounds logic, thanks

Originally posted by DarthCopier View Post
              Does this help you at all?
              Yep

Comment

When PathPlayer was first introduced it removed all this garbage and produced very clean copies, but there were problems with 3rd party apps (e.g. DVD Shrink) reading the files (but no problems with players), so it's done this way now for better compatibility.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X