Not reading 4k disc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not reading 4k disc

Hello, i have a Blu-Ray writer which can read 4K but here comes the problem: The latest DVDFab Passkey gives an error while
    reading the disc
    Click image for larger version

Name:	passkey.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	422842So whats next?
    Attached Files

Many BD drives with 4K capabilities have firmware that disables reading/ripping 4k discs. What is the make & model number of your drive?

Comment

Mines is a slimline external 4K drive from Verbatim.

Comment

Name:	1_Verbatim-Slimline-Blu-ray-Writer-USB-3-1-GEN-1-USB-C.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	422853This is the drive i have.

Comment

From a bit of internet searching, it looks like the actual drive inside your external Verbatim enclosure is most likely a Pioneer drive.
          It would be good to confirm exactly what drive you have.
          Are you using a computer with a Windows op system?
          I expect you will most likely have to replace the firmware in your drive to enable 4k copying/ripping capabilities.
          DVDFab has a program to do this, but it cannot handle all makes/models of drives.
          DVDFab UHD Drive Tool allows users to downgrade the unfriendly firmware on a UHD drive to make it ready for UHD Blu-ray backup.
          Last edited by Rich86; 03-08-2023, 12:55 AM.

Comment

I'm using Windows11 pro with the last update ofcourse, 64 gb ram, DVDfab 9.4.5.4 The drive is a 4K drive, more info see sticker on the backside:

Name:	drive.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	422857

Comment

Keep your data safe Optical Discs are fast becoming the most reliable media to archive your data on. Unfortunately more and more notebook vendors choose to leave the optical drive out of their noteboo

I have a message into Fab staff members getting more info that might help. I will jump back in here and share any helpful info when I hear back.

Comment

Thank you very much so far, i'm going to sleep for a while. Cya soon

Comment

Hmmm after installing the UHD tool you mentioned my Verbatim shows up as a Pioneer drive and is not supported? What the fuck have i bought?

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2023-03-08 042223.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	422874

Comment

Hah, well i bought the computer almost 4 months ago with windows 11 on it, so why is it showing Windows10 pro?

Comment

The link to the Fab drive tool indicates what drives are supported by this program - and your Pioneer drive is not on the list, so no surprise there.
                      I suggest you ignore the op system indication in the drive tool window - it may simply be that Fab hasn't changed that dialog box.
                      Read the info in the below link to learn more about 4k drives and limitations built into firmware to prevent folks from using the full capabilities of the drives purchased.
                      https://www.dvdfab.cn/uhd-drive-tool...d=productspage
                      I will post info as soon as I hear back from a Fab support person.
                      Last edited by Rich86; 03-08-2023, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Thanx again man, luckily i have a standalone 4K drive near my TV, none of all these problemes and it's even regionfree.

Comment

Working...
                        X