X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pesky Commercials

Hey there,
    Can anyone out there help me get rid of those pesky commercials that I recorded when I copied my videos from the television. Also, I have half of some videos at the end of one disk and the second half on another. Is there any way to fix that? Thanks in advance..
    Best,
    Rodman[at]usa.com
    Last edited by troy512; 10-06-2009, 04:36 AM.

You can use Merge mode in DVD to DVD to take the two halves that are on different discs and put them on one. You will need to copy one of the two to your HDD first.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks!!

Originally posted by signals View Post
      You can use Merge mode in DVD to DVD to take the two halves that are on different discs and put them on one. You will need to copy one of the two to your HDD first.

Thanks Signals! That takes care of half of my problems.
      Thanks again..
      Best,
      Rodman[at]usa.com
      Last edited by troy512; 10-06-2009, 04:37 AM.

Comment

an anyone out there help me get rid of those pesky commercials
        sorry not with dvdfab.

Comment

Thanks Anywho!!

Originally posted by troy512 View Post
          sorry not with dvdfab.

Well thanks anyhow. I didn't think there was a way to do it but when I contacted support they seemed to indicate that it could be done but wouldn't explain how. Anybody know what software I need to accomplish this task?
          Thanks in advance,
          Best,
          Rodman[at]usa.com
          Last edited by troy512; 10-06-2009, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Rodman, check out VideoRedo for removing adverts (http://www.videoredo.com). I had a 6-hour TV movie (3 x 2hr segments) and tried a bunch of products to edit it - many of which require one to have an intimate knowledge of how a DVD works. VideoRedo very simply killed all the ads and redundant info in less than an hour then I used DVDFab to merge the three edited pieces.

jollyrob

Comment

Thanks Jolly Rob

Thanks Jolly Rob, I will give it a shot.. I do appreciate it,
              Best
              Rodman

Comment

You can also use the free ComSkip
                Hubba hubba zoot zoot..........

Comment

I have had mixed results with VideoReDo. You could actually do this with DVDShrink using set begin/end points but it would be a job.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the tip..

Originally posted by Hubbabub View Post
                    You can also use the free ComSkip
                    http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/

Thanks for the tip Hubbabub. I appreciate it. I have also found that a program called solveigMM works well to remove commercials and it has a tutorial that I can even understand. But I will try comskip as well.. Thanks again..
                    Best Rod

Comment

Working...
                    X