This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab: Key Registration fix

I keep getting message ( media inserted in drive D is single layer: please insert a double layer media to start the write process). I never had this problem before, Help!!!! The first item in the processing message is ( You are going to try "DVD to DVD" option. could this be part of the problem and how do I delete that.
    Thanks Ray

At the bottom left of your screen change the setting from DVD9 to DVD5.

Comment

I tried that and it says its expired

Comment

Ray77
        Use the Help->About to see if it shows you as a registered or trial user of DVD to DVD. Your registration may not have worked correctly or you may need a new key.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks that worked

That worked
          Thanks again.
          Ray

Comment

Ray77
            Tell us what worked! LOL Other users with a similar problem will read this and not know what to do.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I thought the problem was fixed, but still can't change from dvd9 to dvd5.
              I've tried everything, reinstalled,tried entering new key nothing works.
              I'm lost don't know what to do. Help
              Ray

Comment

What operating system are you using?

A good suggestion is to install and register Fab logged on as "Administrator".
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks for the help.
                  I'm using windows home vista, how do you install and register fab logged on as administrator?
                  thanks again
                  Ray

Comment

First, uninstall the current version that you have installed.

Download the current beta and save it to your desktop.
                    Right click on the installation file and "Run as Administrator"
                    Close down Fab if it runs
                    Open your registration file and copy the serial number
                    Right click on the Fab Icon and again "Run as Administrator"
                    Paste the rego number in where required.
                    Stop and restart Fab

All should now be good.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks again for all the help,did everything you told me to do, (Run as Administator) and now all is working great. the only thing i did'nt have to do was enter my serial number, but dont fix it if it's not broken. Anyway thanks again for all your help, I really appriciate it. Have a great day.
                      Ray

Comment

Glad to hear you are up and running.

Comment

All is working fine now, thanks for the help I really appriciate it. I did everything you said (very good directions) the only thing it did't ask for was my serial number, but I guess it didn't need it. Thanks again.
                          Ray

Comment

This is a good thread. I am moving it to General Questions where poeple with the problem will be able to find it more easliy.

The only thing I would add is that it is necessary in some cases to perform a file type association on the key as it sits on your desktop. To do this, right click on the keyfile and select "Open with..." and select DVDFab6.

Comment

Working...
                            X