This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do UPGRADES Work?

I just upgraded my software for another two years and was happy to do it, but how do upgrades work? If one buys DVD Fab, installs and uses it, does the license to use it run out or does the license to upgrade it run out? In other words, in two years if I choose not to upgrade, does that mean I can't use any version of DVD Fab, or does it mean I can't use upgraded software?

It's not very clear and I think the company could do better in clarifying it.

Also, I upgraded my DVD-to-Mobile option, but it apparently doesn't include File-to-DVD. Do I have to buy that separately or is it an upgrade? (I'd hoped it was part of the DVD-to-Mobile option, but tough luck.

Thanks.

Originally posted by Stargater View Post

Also, I upgraded my DVD-to-Mobile option, but it apparently doesn't include File-to-DVD. Do I have to buy that separately or is it an upgrade? (I'd hoped it was part of the DVD-to-Mobile option, but tough luck.
    If you meant File-To-Mobile then, yes, it is a separate module with separate pricing.

My understanding is that when your subscription runs out then DVDFab reverts to the free version (rip without compression, delayed copy protection updates). Not sure if an expired sub allows re-up from the expiration date or if it requires a brand new purchase. Most of us here have the lifetime which makes it simple.

Comment

How much does the "lifetime" thing cost? And why wasn't I given that option?

Comment

I'm pretty sure DVD to DVD will continue to function beyond its expiration as long as the user does not attempt to update beyond this date.
        As Complication said, at that point it will revert to the freeware version.

Of course, the software will perform in a somewhat crippled state since newer decrypting code won't be available.
        Still, most movies should copy.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Stargater View Post
          How much does the "lifetime" thing cost? And why wasn't I given that option?
          At the time of purchase, all options are available.
          Here's the link for the price list...not sure why you missed it, but the prices should just pull down from the dropdown.
          I agree though, it could be improved upon.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

The prices on the renewal form do exactly that. I checked it a few days ago for somebody else. Lifetime is by far the best value and better for users such as Maineman and myself who have the memory thing. What were we talking about?
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X