This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Auto-Play splash screen for 7.0.3.0

I don't know if anyone has noticed it lol, but the Auto-Play splash screen shows the wrong version

Reproduced.
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

I think I'd be safe in saying that most of us haven't seen it because we don't have autoplay on, it's a bad idea and a good way to get rootkits and other nasties. My advice would be turn it off and forget about it.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

I agree. Turn it off. This part of DVDFab may need an update.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          I think I'd be safe in saying that most of us haven't seen it because we don't have autoplay on, it's a bad idea and a good way to get rootkits and other nasties. My advice would be turn it off and forget about it.
          Exactly...
          Add one more vote to recommend killing autoplay.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Add another vote to kill autoplay as I have never used it since I found out that it interferes with my DVD copy programs when I insert new DVD

Comment

So it is basically a bad idea to have e.g. DVDFab automatically started when a DVD video disc is inserted, ImgBurn automatically started when a blank DVD disc is inserted? Bear in mind that I'm the only person who uses this PC, and I don't stick discs and USB sticks in unless I know where it comes from or what is on it.

Comment

I believe you're missing the point.

Autoplay will allow installers and other nasties (as 90312 pointed out) to load automatically as soon as you pop in the dvd.
                Some of this stuff is harmless, some annoying and some dangerous (like rootkit).

The flash drive may not be safe as the "owner" may unknowingly have something on it.

Blank media is not a problem...it's blank
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                X