This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Cheapest Blu-rays?

OK as a one month Blu-ray burning guy I'm running out of blu-rays tp back up my collection and dont like the prices I see in stores for 3 packs of 25gbs. So I come to the place where I know I can get some straight answers where do all of you buy your media and how much? Also do you think the media is going to ever come down in price?
    Lancool K-56 case.
    OCZ 700watt PSU.
    MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
    AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
    ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
    16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
    OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
    WD 2TB.
    EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
    LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

unknownbluray
    How much do you pay for your 3 packs and what is the name of the media you are using?
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

@unknownbluray

You can buy a 10 pack spindle of Verbatim 25 GByte 4X BD-R online for $2.75/unit price. I like these a lot. Being the little devil I am I will say that I doubt companies selling compression software would want 50 GByte dual layer blank media to become as cheap as that because you would no longer need their software. Blu Ray life would be much simpler and cheaper.

Comment

right now I'm using Verbatim 25gb I paid 27.99 for a 3 pack at best buy, I then noticed officemax has the 3 pack for 19.99 which is way more in the price range, but then I found Optical Quantum ? (sp) 10 for 20.00 on ebay. The 10 for 20 isnt bad just seeing if there is cheaper thats all. And as for 50gbs maybe down the road I can find someone locally to go in on buying a bigger pack or a bigger pack fo 25gb.
        Lancool K-56 case.
        OCZ 700watt PSU.
        MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
        OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
        WD 2TB.
        EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
        LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

unknownbluray
          Here are some prices for disc's you can check out http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&name=VERBATIM
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I bought some no-name 25Rs really cheap (about US$2/ea shipped) at Meritline.com but haven't tried them yet. I'm sure I will get what I paid for.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Its like when I ordered verbatims from egghead I got LTH not realizing they where made specifically for LTH burners. Well my burner isnt a LTH so I wasted money on them and they wont take them back due to I opened both packages thinking they had issues. So if anyone has a LTH burner let me know maybe we can swap some blank blu-ray media.
              Lancool K-56 case.
              OCZ 700watt PSU.
              MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
              OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
              WD 2TB.
              EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
              LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Yes, LTH is finnicky. They aren't complatible with my Oppo Blu-Ray player firmware at the moment.

Comment

arent compatible with mine either. One day it might be. Wish I would have known more when I started. But I thought wow 2.00 for a blu-ray it was hard to pass up lol.
                  Lancool K-56 case.
                  OCZ 700watt PSU.
                  MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                  OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                  WD 2TB.
                  EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                  LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Fry's & Newegg will occasionally have 15 spindle packs of Memorex 4X BD-R 25gb for $25 ($1.66 each). I have had zero coasters or problems with these. Currently they are NOT on sale at Newegg and are $35 ($2.33 each). Even not on sale these sound like they are cheaper than most routes.
                    Last edited by Burticus; 04-10-2010, 10:25 PM. Reason: details

Comment

Working...
                    X