X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what does dvdfab use?

Hi
    regarding: blu2mobile - mkv conversions

I have another software that you can choose thing like b-pyramid, deblocking, reference frames etc. Im sure dvdfab uses some of the options but cannot find out what it has and does not have..does anyone know?

i can only find options like choose size quality by bitrate or (mb) and cropping nothing to do with x264 settings specifically.

does anyone know why certain things are not included? and why i shouldnt be worried about missing out on picture quality by using dvdfab?
    Last edited by master333; 04-19-2010, 12:50 PM. Reason: update

You would have to check the XML based profile files. BD to Mobile uses files within a subdirectory of the install folder called "profiles2". There are 2 files to look at, the main ones in that folder and the referenced "preset" file. There is no documentation available but a lot of the XML fields are simple enough to figure out.

The developers have mentioned creating a graphical tool to edit these profiles at some point but we have no ETA.

Comment

Some settings for the codecs are hard-coded in DVDFab. It provides a simpler interface and produces output that most users find perfectly acceptable (with the proper settings) for streaming or playback on large screen TVs. The product has a 30-day full-function free trial so that you can see if it meets your needs before purchasing.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
        You would have to check the XML based profile files. BD to Mobile uses files within a subdirectory of the install folder called "profiles2". There are 2 files to look at, the main ones in that folder and the referenced "preset" file. There is no documentation available but a lot of the XML fields are simple enough to figure out.

The developers have mentioned creating a graphical tool to edit these profiles at some point but we have no ETA.
        As Complication said, if you know what are you doing, you can change settings by re-writing new command line in preset file. (just remember to keep spare file and original file somewhere else, in case you want to restore). What you are getting with DVDFab is, unlike Me (I suppose that what you meant having) Fab have CUDA capabilities. And that means less time used, higher efficiency.
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
        X