Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you have not done this already download Ccleaner it a free program. Then uninstall DVDFab and after you removed DVDFab run Ccleaner and use both the cleaner and the registry, for the registry part keep running it until nothing is found. Now since you said you using Vista make sure you have UAC turned off so need to go into control panel-User Accounts on computer and turn it off. Reboot and then install DVDFab again now hoefully it will work. Also make sure your Anti-virus and firewall is disabled before you reinstall DVDFab

Comment

Yeppers I have done all of that ... still nothing

Comment

What Anti-virus/Anti-Malware programs do you have installed?

Comment

I have spyware doctor, and I don't think there is a antivirus.

Comment

Originally posted by CandyRain View Post
            I don't think there is a antivirus.
            I hope that is not true. If you are on the internet without an anti virus installed your PC is probably full of crap that can be causing problems.

Comment

sorry my bad ... its malware bytes anti-malware

Comment

Did you install it as "Administrator"?
                Last edited by Complication; 04-20-2010, 09:22 PM. Reason: typo correction
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes I did. I also have turned off UAC.

Comment

Probably SPTI/ASPI issue.
                    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

IDE Controller

I have been reading many posts ... and seems like they all come down to the DMA Mode for the IDE Controller. I have read peoples posts on how to make sure they are set correctly, but what I see doesn't look like what they say I should be seeing ... I have attached a copy of what my device manager looks like. Can someone please let me know where to go next ....
                      Attached Files

Comment

I gave you "some" instructions back on page #1, post #9.
                        If you need more detail, here's a previous post of mine with some links that should help you out.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Well I did uninstall of the IDE Controllers, rebooted windows, and let windows re-install the drives. Still nothing

Comment

What exactly is displayed in device manager for DMA mode?
                            Could you please post a screenshot.

This could be a number of issues or more than one and nothing so far has specifically isolated this to DMA.
                            If this still seems like a DMA issue, I suggest you run the registry patch (.VBS Script File) found in
                            Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
                            (linked in my sig below).

From one of your previous posts, you're now unable to use Fab 6.xxx as well as Fab 7.xxx?

A lucky guess nonwithstanding, we'll need more info.
                            This really sounds like an I/O conflict of sorts.

If you don't already have it, please download and install Img.
                            Then take a look at your upper and lower filters.
                            Post them here so we can take a look.
                            Img > Tools > Filter Driver Load Order

Re: deleting upper and lower filters:
                            This article describes a problem with CD or DVD drives not work, or is missing, or not recognized after installing or uninstalling programs.

If you're still running into problems...

MS SysInternals > Process Explorer:

Unlocker:

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Maineman there is a screenshot attachment in post 25.
                              That seem to be as far as the OP can get.

Comment

Yup, I saw that screenshot...thanks Gruñón, but the OP also stated:
                                Originally posted by CandyRain View Post
                                Well I did uninstall of the IDE Controllers, rebooted windows, and let windows re-install the drives. Still nothing
                                ???

Until more specifics are available, it's all guesswork.
                                We don't even know how his bios is configured...is DMA even applicable here?

Please try to post back with info/results as suggested in post #28

Comment

Working...
                                X