This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maineman View Post
    What exactly is displayed in device manager for DMA mode?
    Could you please post a screenshot.

This could be a number of issues or more than one and nothing so far has specifically isolated this to DMA.
    If this still seems like a DMA issue, I suggest you run the registry patch (.VBS Script File) found in
    Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
    (linked in my sig below).

From one of your previous posts, you're now unable to use Fab 6.xxx as well as Fab 7.xxx?

A lucky guess nonwithstanding, we'll need more info.
    This really sounds like an I/O conflict of sorts.

If you don't already have it, please download and install Img.
    Then take a look at your upper and lower filters.
    Post them here so we can take a look.
    Img > Tools > Filter Driver Load Order

Re: deleting upper and lower filters:
    This article describes a problem with CD or DVD drives not work, or is missing, or not recognized after installing or uninstalling programs.

If you're still running into problems...

MS SysInternals > Process Explorer:

Unlocker:
    http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/#description
    Okay, hopefully I get everything answered for ya'll

Registry patch didn't find any errors and the last message from it said nothing had been changed.

Correct Neither 6 nor 7 work now

regarding the "Re: deleting upper and lower filters:" link, it found no errors in my drive.

This link ..... "MS SysInternals > Process Explorer:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb896653.aspx" ..... did not work, took me to a page that said "bad request"

I did go an install "Registry Booster" and fixed all errors it found, also did the registry defrag in it.

And after all that ... whew ... I downloaded 7040 again, and still brings up welcome window and disappears after I click "start DVDFab"

Comment

There has got to be something seriously peculiar about your system for this to be happening.

I think the only way we are going to go forward here is if you start supplying full & complete information on your system and download an "Info Tool" to give us more info.

Maineman, can you suggest a good tool?
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Sorry about the bad link and thanks for posting back with additional info.
        Here's a working link:
        Find out what files, registry keys and other objects processes have open, which DLLs they have loaded, and more.

and if you need additional help
        Windows SysInternals > Process Explorer forum:

Is Vista utd on your system?
        One of our members, 90312, helped out some other users by recommending
        Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
        This won't hurt anything at all and may in fact help you out.

I'd still like to have a look at your upper and lower filters.
        Originally posted by maineman View Post
        If you don't already have it, please download and install Img.
        Then take a look at your upper and lower filters.
        Post them here so we can take a look.
        Img > Tools > Filter Driver Load Order
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Re: GregiBoy's request for info tools.
          Here are a few utilities that should help,
          all free.

Belarc Advisor
          Please note that various serial numbers, etc., are displayed.
          Do not post these #'s on the forum (web)
          Belarc's products automatically create an accurate and up-to-date central repository (CMDB), consisting of detailed software, hardware, network and security configurations. Customers use our products for software license management, IT asset management, cybersecurity audits, information assurance, and more.

"The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, missing Microsoft hotfixes, anti-virus status, CIS (Center for Internet Security) benchmarks, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server."

Speccy, a pretty basic, but decent system info tool
          Speccy - find the details of your computer's specs. Great for spotting issues or finding compatible upgrades. Download the latest version today.

PC Wizard 2010

One of my favorites...very comprehensive utility.
          THIS SOFTWARE IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED.PC-Wizard is an utility designed to analyze and benchmark your computer system. CPU and memory subsystem (caches, RAM ...). Graphics and video. Hard disks, CD/DVD, Removable/FLASH medias.

"PC WIZARD is a powerful utility designed especially for detection of hardware, but also some more analysis. It's able to identify a large scale of system components and supports the latest technologies and standards. This tool is periodically updated (usually once per month) in order to provide most accurate results.

PC WIZARD is also an utility designed to analyze and benchmark your computer system. It can analyze and benchmark many kinds of hardware, such as CPU performance, Cache performance, RAM performance, Hard Disk performance, CD/DVD-ROM performance, Removable/FLASH Media performance, Video performance, MP3 compression performance"
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has tried to help me. I am fed up with this stupid program. I don't understand why everything was working just fine until I downloaded version 7040, and now nothing works. I have done everything everyone has suggested and it still won't work. I'm gonna try one more thing on Friday (take my computer to some computer tech people my brother knows) and see if they can find anything out.

Thank you everyone so much and I'm sorry if it sounds like I have an attitude, I just don't understand.

Comment

Neither do we. This is a really rare & unusual occurrence and MUST be related to something on YOUR side otherwise we would have heard screams from all and sundry.

But, instead of spending the $$$ at the Computer Tech joint, why do you not post the information as INSTRUCTED & ASKED?

You have completely ignored or avoided many of the detailed instructions here in this thread.

Honestly, how can you expect to be helped by people with over 30 collective years of experience with Fab when you do not do as politely asked?

Maybe it IS something to do with your attitude?
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I just wanted to thank everyone again. I wound up getting a new hard drive, downloaded version 7040 and it works. I went to the event log in the control panel and it was showing errors ever four to five seconds saying that I had a bad block. But anyway everything is working fine now and I appreciate everyone's time.

Comment

I ran into the same issues. All of my IDE channels are set to DMA, running Windows Vista (UAC is on however unlike one of the previous posters). This problem only started coming up with version 7040.

I've found that it does work occasionally and making sure there is no disk in the drive when starting seems to increase the chances of it working significantly.

Comment

Working...
                  X