This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab won't open ... please help

I have Windows Vista and downloaded version 7040. Now when I try to open DVDFab it will let me get to the welcome screen but then when i click on "Start DVDFab" nothing happens. It shows running in my task manager's "process" area but won't load up. Does anyone know how to fix this? I have went as far as to uninstall everything completely and reinstall it but it still won't work ... Please help.

Go into device manager and make sure that your DVD drives are in DMA mode and NOT PIO mode

Comment

I went to the Device Manager, right clicked on my DVD drive and clicked on properties. But I don't see anywhere where it says it is either one of those. Also I have had DVDFab working on this computer for a while now up until I downloaded the newest version.

Comment

Do you have a registered version or were you using the 30-day trial? Did you run the installer "As Administrator"? This is very important in Vista and Win7.

See if it will start with no discs in the optical drive(s).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

click on the IDE controller not the drive.
          Then properties .
          Then Advanced.

Comment

I have a registered version, and I have tried everything. Including "run as admin."

Okay, everything I could look at under the IDE controller says Ultra DMA mode 2
            Last edited by CandyRain; 04-20-2010, 04:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CandyRain View Post
              I have a registered version

Okay, everything I could look at under the IDE controller says Ultra DMA mode 2
              Then it is as it should be and not the cause of the problem.

Comment

I have read people saying they have had the same problems and they have downloaded version 6 and it runs just fine. I was going to do this but I don't know where to find the link?

Comment

I went to the Device Manager, right clicked on my DVD drive and clicked on properties. But I don't see anywhere where it says it is either one of those. Also I have had DVDFab working on this computer for a while now up until I downloaded the newest version.
                  Wrong spot.
                  Device manager > expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers
                  Select the appropriate IDE channel...Primary or Secondary (probably secondary, but not necessarily).

> Advanced Settings
                  It's not enough that the Transfer Mode displays DMA if available.
                  Be certain the Current Transfer Mode is displayed as UDMA or at least Multi-Word DMA 2 if Ultra DMA is N/A.

If problems persist, uninstall the burners in device manager, reboot, windoz will reinstall and assign appropriate drivers.

//Edit
                  Oops, I guess I shouldn't have taken the woofer out in the middle of posting...
                  Last edited by maineman; 04-20-2010, 04:30 AM.
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

This site does not host links to anything except current versions but look here.......

Comment

should I uninstall the 7040 version?

Comment

should I uninstall the 7040 version?
                        No..........

Comment

Okay, so I re-installed version 6, and it still isn't working.

Okay, nevermind, it's working again finally. Still would like to know why the newer version won't work though.
                          Last edited by CandyRain; 04-20-2010, 05:21 AM.

Comment

Well sorry to here you installed a old not supported version and it is something to do with your computer as to why the newer version not work. Then could not finish trouble shooting as you uninstalled it

Comment

Okay I have done everything that everyone has said and I am still not getting any farther than the welcome screen. I was able to use DVDFab ONCE last night and when I tried to use it this morning I am having the same problems as before ... HELP ... it is really starting to irritate me that I have paid for the use of this product and am not being able to use it.

Comment

Working...
                              X