This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other dvdfab.com vs. dvdfab.net

If you compare the pages dvdfab.com and dvdfab.net, you notice a few interesting differences:

dvdfab.com offeres the full DVDFab product line including HD Decrypter and Passkey. On the download page you can get the so-called "CSS Version" which handles all protection schemes.

On the .net domain, HD Decrypter and Passkey are missing and the download page only holds a reduced "NonCSS Version" of DVDFab which, as the name implies, is not able to handle CSS.

Does anyone know what's the purpose of this? Why would anyone use dvdfab.net when you can have the complete thing on dvdfab.com?
    Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5 GHz, 32 GB, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

This has been discussed and explained many times in this forum and the old one, I don't see how you missed it. DVDfab.net is the site where the sale of the product is consummated. Due to the laws in some countries, that site has only the non-CSS version of DVDFab. There is no such thing as a non-CSS version of Passkey or HD Decrypter, so they are not there. No big mystery.

Originally posted by PIGSgrame View Post
    If you compare the pages dvdfab.com and dvdfab.net, you notice a few interesting differences:

dvdfab.com offeres the full DVDFab product line including HD Decrypter and Passkey. On the download page you can get the so-called "CSS Version" which handles all protection schemes.

On the .net domain, HD Decrypter and Passkey are missing and the download page only holds a reduced "NonCSS Version" of DVDFab which, as the name implies, is not able to handle CSS.

Does anyone know what's the purpose of this? Why would anyone use dvdfab.net when you can have the complete thing on dvdfab.com?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by PIGSgrame View Post

Yes, DVDFab is an application that sold globally. Almost every country has it's own copyright laws and regulations. These versions were offered to accommodate any legal requirement around the world.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't find any threads that seemed relevant to this, and I never noticed before that there is a difference...
        Anyways, thanks for explaining it agian
        Intel Core i7 4770K 3.5 GHz, 32 GB, GeForce GTX 780 Ti, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Comment

Working...
        X