This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta versions.

PLEASE excuse me asking this, although I have had a full paid version of DVDFab for years now I only used to ever download the official versions, NOT any beta versions, especially before I found these forums.

I now normally download the betas too but did not bother to download beta 7050 before as it seemed to be only for bluray (I only have and use DVD to DVD), then I saw 7051 today so I decided to update and purposely selected 7050 first from these forums and then I was going to follow up with 7051, to make sure I had everything.

However although I selected 7050 it downloaded 7051.

So, I am guessing it does this automatically, and that I am fully up to date with anything in both 7050 and 7051, yes?

THANK YOU...............

That does not always seem to be the case. Sometimes older versions work better on specific movies than later ones do.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I understand that, and that is why I still keep both 6 and 7 and all the recent betas on my computer.

However what I was curious about was even though I selected to download beta 7050 this morning (which I hadn't done before) it automatically downloaded 7051 instead, which I was going to do later as well.

Is this normal?

And does installing beta 7051 this way include everything in 7050 as well, I guess yes?

Comment

I guess so, but the code has changed so it will be a little different each time. It should have all the stuff in 7.0.5.0 plus some new stuff if that's what you are asking.

Edit: Yeah, when attempting to download 7.0.5.0 I got 7.0.5.1 too. I guess the latest one replaces the one before.
        Last edited by 90312; 04-30-2010, 11:20 PM.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          I guess so, but the code has changed so it will be a little different each time. It should have all the stuff in 7.0.5.0 plus some new stuff if that's what you are asking.

Edit: Yeah, when attempting to download 7.0.5.0 I got 7.0.5.1 too. I guess the latest one replaces the one before.
          Yes well I guess that too, just I was hoping someone from DVD Fab could confirm that is true?

THANKS...........

Comment

I have waited patiently for 2 days now for an answer from someone from DVD Fab or a moderator, could someone PLEASE just confirm if this is true or not?

THANK YOU............

Comment

This was a quick update. Everything from the previous changelog is incorporated in v7.0.5.1. Unless you are doing Blu-ray, it doesn't mattter.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm not sure why would you need this to be confirmed, but while you are waiting for your confirmation, you can visit this site: oldapps.com and find older versions there.
                sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
                  I have waited patiently for 2 days now for an answer from someone from DVD Fab or a moderator, could someone PLEASE just confirm if this is true or not?

THANK YOU............

Consider it confirmed... all changes made in BETA versions are continued in future releases of the program (plus any updates to official releases, in addition to the BETA versions).

The current version of the program (v7.0.5.1) has all changes made from day one to the present included (or if they're not, it's well known why they're not...).

If you have a question about a specific feature or update, it's easier to answer those questions than general ones like yours - as any answer to a general question requires some hedging on the answer, as, for example, HD DVD was supported and updated while it was part of Fab, but is no longer updated or even part of the program (and I can think of several other changes that would be in the same class as that example... thus the hedging...).

DC

Comment

Now I get a heap of replies.

THANK YOU.........

I was just concerened as in all the years I have been messing with computers, and that is a LONG time, I have NEVER had another situation where after selecting a specific download from a dedicated URL a different download happens.

Comment

Beta download problem.

PLEASE excuse another thread but someone has locked the other one.

While I was waiting for an official answer on the other thread for 2 days, I contacted DVD Fab support, and they have just advised that it IS an actual fault, and they are working to fix it.

Just thought other Members may be interested to know, THANK YOU.

//Edit
                      No problem davidh, we appreciate the detective work and the info.
                      It makes sense to merge these two threads.
                      Thanks,
                      mm
                      Last edited by maineman; 05-03-2010, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X