This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 6 & 7

I am trying to clean out/uninstall some old lprograms and I noticed I have version 6 and 7 on myn computer. Do I need both?

Yes. Keep them both. They are not conflicting, but you may need v.6 in a future.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Bismarck
      Most of us veterans keep older versions as some times they come in handy even when a newer version might struggle I have 3,4,5,6,and 7 on my rig.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the advice .I shall keep 'em both!

Comment

Originally posted by Bismarck View Post
          I am trying to clean out/uninstall some old lprograms and I noticed I have version 6 and 7 on myn computer. Do I need both?
          To clarify the good advice you have received: keep the installers for the earlier versions, do not necessarily leave them installed. In most cases you can do this across major version numbers, i.e. 3 to 4, 4 to 5 etc. with absolutely no problem but this may not always be the case in the future and you should always let in-number updates (e.g. 7.0.5.1 to 7.0.5.2) overwrite the old. If you have the installers archived you can always go back. When reverting to a previous in-number version, use the DVDFab uninstaller to remove the one you are replacing first.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Just to add to Signals' suggestion - if you lost some of the older installers, you can get them here and archive: oldapps.com
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
            X