This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plumber

I am wondering if anyone could guide me in the right direction. I want to put movies that I own onto a external hard drive. These movies were purchased from local department stores. I'm heading overseas and would like to keep everything in one place. Will any programs from DVD FAB allow mw to do this?

plumber
    DVDFab is a right program, and you can achieve your goals using DVDFab. If your movies are on DVDs - DVD to Mobile will be a right one for you, and if it's Blu-rays, than use Blu-ray to Mobile.
    Last edited by IPopov50; 05-13-2010, 01:25 PM.
    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

In addition to my previous post:
      I would help a lot if you can tell us how you will play your movies. Your player will determine output format. And if you, at any time would want to make copies of your DVDs, without conversion to another format - DVD to DVD will do the job.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

plumber

I have an older dell inspiron computer with windows media player, I have to admit that my computer knowledge is very little, so any further input would help greatly

Comment

Do you have any other DVD player software (WinDVD, PowerDVD)? How much free hard drive space do you have (this will determine whether you should copy them as DVDs or use one of the Mobile conversions)?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I believe i have 1gb of hard drive space, and I think WinDVD. Im not in front of the computer i wish to use for this action

Comment

will the DVD-Mobile work for movies that have copywrite on them?

Comment

Originally posted by plumber View Post
                I believe i have 1gb of hard drive space, and I think WinDVD. Im not in front of the computer i wish to use for this action
                If you could when you have time post back with the info, as 1Gb of hard drive space will not be enough to do what you are asking with Fab or any program.

CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Alright, I have a microsoft media addition windows XP with service pack 3 including 1.60GHz and 0.99GB of ram. I will use power dvd to play movies. Again any further advice on this issue is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Comment

Alright, I have a microsoft media addition windows XP with service pack 3 including 1.60GHz and 0.99GB of ram. I will use power dvd to play movies. Again any further advice on this issue is GREATLY appreciated!!!!
                    Yes but how much free space on your hard drive???
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

plumber

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                      Yes but how much free space on your hard drive???
                      CBR929
                      I have 55GB of free space or 82% free space remaining

Comment

You mis-understand, sir...

We need to know how much storage space will be available on your external HD where you plan on storing the films... a 1 TB drive may not hold all your films, depending on how many films you have and want to store on said HD.

For a rough calculation, figure approx. 6-7 GB for each film (using std DVD format for storage).

Other formats are available that use much less space, at the price of picture and sound quality...

DC

Comment

Then yes you will be able to do this with Fab

Now comes the moment of truth how many movies would you like to put on this external drive ?

I am asking because we will need to know what format these need to be in to accommodate your needs to play them back on your laptop.

CBR929
                          Hey DC didn't see you

Comment

Working...
                          X