This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold or Platinum

I have seen reference to both Gold and Platinum on the website. I have just purchased a license for platinm.

Are the downloads in the download section Platinum? How can I tell.

What website? DVDFab is not sold as Gold or Platinum any more. dvdfab.com is the only legal site to make a purchase. Hope you weren't on one of the scam sites. There is only one download/installer. It contains all the options; only the ones you purchased will be activated.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I would just d/l from here on the forum's main page, you can d/l the latest final or the latest beta and welcome to the forum.
      Edit: signals is fast as lightening lol and very right about the scammers. hope you wasn't taken.
      Last edited by W&B; 10-08-2009, 03:25 AM. Reason: I'm sloooowwwww lol

Comment

As my 2 comrades just said, there are no longer any Gold or Platinum apps and you should only purchase from DVDFab. com which will link you to DVDFab.net where you actually will make the purchase should you choose to.

Please look below at applications and purchase options
        The dropdowns will show 1, 2, 3, 4 and lifetimes purchases.

Last edited by maineman; 10-08-2009, 03:29 AM.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

there are no longer any Gold or Platinum apps
          yes, but it's still on my computer. I also had version 5, but there was an option to uninstall it. DVDFab Platinum only lists Express Mode and Gold Mode - no uninstall option. It is not listed in Add or Remove Programs.

How do I uninstall it? Edit the registry?

Comment

Fab 2.xxx, 3.xxx, 4.xxx, 5.xxx and 6.xxx are all separate and distinct applications and are installed in separate folders.
            Normally, one does not affect another.
            I actually still have Fab 4 and 5 installed and will use them once in awhile.

Since these apps are not populated in Add or Remove, are these apps still even functional?

I thought there was an uninstall option in the old Gold and Express apps, but I honestly can't say for sure.
            You could always just delete them manually.
            Personally, I wouldn't bother with editing the registry, but that's your call.
            No big deal as long as you're comfortable.

Are they causing conflicts of some sort?
            Last edited by maineman; 10-17-2009, 04:08 AM.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Also, if you paid for a valid license for v3,4 or 5 you can get a free key for v6 from the dvdfab.com website. All you need is the emsail address you used when you bought the product. If you have changed email addresses, you will need to use the Contact Us page on the website and get the registered email updated.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

maineman, there's no conflict - I just thought since I'm using V6 (and am happy with it) that I didn't need the older programs. I was just confused by the different versions. So I can either delete them or leave them alone. Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Originally posted by sjeter5 View Post
                  maineman, there's no conflict - I just thought since I'm using V6 (and am happy with it) that I didn't need the older programs. I was just confused by the different versions. So I can either delete them or leave them alone. Thanks for your reply.
                  You're very welcome.
                  Yup, it does get confusing.
                  Glad to hear that you don't have a problem

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    Also, if you paid for a valid license for v3,4 or 5 you can get a free key for v6 from the dvdfab.com website. All you need is the emsail address you used when you bought the product. If you have changed email addresses, you will need to use the Contact Us page on the website and get the registered email updated.
                    Hi Signals....
                    What about Mobile? I had a license for Mobile in v5 and now my v6 says 'trial' when I try to do mobile. Do I need to repurchase?
                    I searched around and didn't see an answer for this.
                    Thanks
                    Home Built Media Server | Windows 7 (x86) | HP MediaSmart Connect Extender | | on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by skingery View Post
                      Hi Signals....
                      What about Mobile? I had a license for Mobile in v5 and now my v6 says 'trial' when I try to do mobile. Do I need to repurchase?
                      I searched around and didn't see an answer for this.
                      Thanks
                      Hi skingery and welcome,
                      Signals is usually around, but I haven't spotted him yet.
                      You should be all set since you purchased Fab 5, but you'll need a Fab 6 regkey to "activate" any of the Fab 6 apps.

Just click here:

Be certain to use the same email that was used when you made the original purchase. There is also a process to change your email addy is you need to.
                      Also, be certain to select DVDFab 6.x (all in one e-mail) on the dropdown

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                        Be certain to use the same email that was used when you made the original purchase. There is also a process to change your email addy is you need to.
                        Also, be certain to select DVDFab 6.x (all in one e-mail) on the dropdown
                        Thanks maineman. I think I did all that and it still says trial. I'll give it another go.
                        Home Built Media Server | Windows 7 (x86) | HP MediaSmart Connect Extender | | on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by skingery View Post
                          Thanks maineman. I think I did all that and it still says trial. I'll give it another go.
                          Yeah, you may have.
                          Are you double-clicking on the email attachment rather than trying to copy & paste it?
                          On May 8, 2008, Fengtao stopped "free lifetime upgrades" for purchases made after May 8 and offered an annual upgrade for a nominal fee.
                          (Sorry I'm at work and the firewall won't grant access to DVDFab.com/DVDFab.net...so I don't have details).

Currently, lifetime upgrades are available as well as 1,2,3 and 4 year subscriptions.
                          Sorry, I can't recall the various dates as to when the last version of Fab 5 was released.

Did you purchase after May 8, 2008?
                          If yes, you may have to pay a small renewal fee.
                          Last edited by maineman; 10-17-2009, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Have you tried this?

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                              Thanks guys.
                              I bought DVDFab lonnng ago. Can't remember when. Anyway my license does say it should work for mobile. Says "DVDFab "DVD to Mobile" (Never Expire)"

Anyway, rather than uninstall everything, I started as Administrator then pasted in the key and it looks like I am good to go.

Should have thought of that in the first place.

See ya at the movies

Comment

Working...
                              X