This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License Key will not stick

I recently purchased the DVD to Mobile software. I registered it and everything seemed to work, but after I use it once and exit when I go back in, it no longer works. When I go to the About page, it shows me as the Licensee, and the expire set to never expire, but under enabled it says NO. I followed the Sticky post under "> DVDFab (English) > DVDFab Knowledge Base > Answers to Common Questions" about license problems but that did not work. The only way I can get it to work is to remove it completely from the system(clearing registry as well) and then re-install. It will take the key work once, then stop working. Please help!

Are you especially following the instructions to install, register and run as Administrator?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hello. I am having a similar problem DVDFab DVDtoDVD. I have followed the steps in the "DVDFab Registration Key Problems?" thread and it does not work for me. When I run as admin, I don't get the option to enter my key during the install process. It just launches DVDFab, shows me as registered, Enabled "no", and update expire time "May 15, 2010". Any ideas?

Comment

Have you purchased it and received your key?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes, purchased and received key just over 2 hours ago. Thanks.

Comment

OK, I'd try this then.

Run as Administrator
            Click on the "?" in the top right corner of the Fab pane, then "About"
            The window should then come up to allow you to enter your registration key.

Comment

I tried that - It brings me to the Welcome to DVD screen (see pic below). I click on "Enter Registration Key", I enter my key, click register, it says it will now restart in the enabled version. But no change, still don't have full functionality.
              Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

This(Enabled:no) is caused by an incomplete installation: something is blocking part of the registration process that DVDFab needs to complete. Please use the DVDFab uninstaller, then reboot. Make sure you have the installer and key file on your hard drive, if not download them again. Disconnect from the internet. Disable or exit from all antivirus/internet security applications. Run the DVDFab installer as administrator. Copy and paste the key, excluding the line of asterisks at the beginning and end. Exit DVDFab and reboot. Enable your AV/security software. Then use "?"->About to see if it completed correctly (Enabled=Yes, correct expiration).
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                  This(Enabled:no) is caused by an incomplete installation: something is blocking part of the registration process that DVDFab needs to complete. Please use the DVDFab uninstaller, then reboot. Make sure you have the installer and key file on your hard drive, if not download them again. Disconnect from the internet. Disable or exit from all antivirus/internet security applications. Run the DVDFab installer as administrator. Copy and paste the key, excluding the line of asterisks at the beginning and end. Exit DVDFab and reboot. Enable your AV/security software. Then use "?"->About to see if it completed correctly (Enabled=Yes, correct expiration).
                  I installed the latest version 7.0.6.0 and I could not register it with my AIO key without running dvdfab in compatiblity mode with vista SP2 and as admin it then registered no problem then I undid the compatiblity mode for Vista SP2 and run as admin .

Comment

wont register

Have had DVDFAB since 2005 and have never had this problem B4. Running windows 7(x64) had to re-install DVDFABv7060 but when i try to register it always comes up with "Trial User". No what i do it always comes up the same.
                    Just to prove it wasn't me i cranked up an old XP running machine that had v3, v4, v5, & v6 of DVDFAB on it. Downloaded and run v7060 no problems, comes up as registerd version first time.
                    Is there something about win 7 64 bit system that is the problem here.?
                    Got me stumped, as a long time user is very frustrating.

Edit, just downloaded and installed v7062. Set it to run in XP-SP3 compatability mode and no problems, has me as registered user. Hiporay.
                    This just shows to me that there is a problem with Windows 7 (x64) but at least it has solved my problem. it said when i run the
                    compatability checker that
                    "Incompatible Application"- Detected.
                    Last edited by oogleman; 05-20-2010, 10:26 AM. Reason: new version installed

Comment

Yes, the security that has been added to the OS since then.

Comment

Originally posted by oogleman View Post
                        Have had DVDFAB since 2005 and have never had this problem B4. Running windows 7(x64) had to re-install DVDFABv7060 but when i try to register it always comes up with "Trial User". No what i do it always comes up the same.
                        Just to prove it wasn't me i cranked up an old XP running machine that had v3, v4, v5, & v6 of DVDFAB on it. Downloaded and run v7060 no problems, comes up as registerd version first time.
                        Is there something about win 7 64 bit system that is the problem here.?
                        Got me stumped, as a long time user is very frustrating.

Edit, just downloaded and installed v7062. Set it to run in XP-SP3 compatability mode and no problems, has me as registered user. Hiporay.
                        This just shows to me that there is a problem with Windows 7 (x64) but at least it has solved my problem. it said when i run the
                        compatability checker that
                        "Incompatible Application"- Detected.
                        Glad to hear you're up and running again.
                        Strange stuff sometimes.
                        Thanks for posting a fix.

I'm running Win7 64-bit and Fab on a new build since last Oct...no problems
                        (I know quite a few other members with the same os without issues as well).

Curious, was this (.v7062) a new install of Fab on a new os?
                        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Problems with registration are almost always related to an overprotective OS. Like Maineman, I have Win7Pro (64) and have had no problems, but I have as much of the Windows security crap turned off as it will allow. The Russians (Kaspersky) will protect me.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm still having a problem. I tried everything signals suggested. Uninstall, disconnect from internet, disable A/V, install as Admin, try key, same problem. I am running XP Pro SP3 with Kaspersky A/V. Any other ideas guys? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Sorry you are still having trouble. I do not suspect Kaspersky. I have used it for years and it is what some of the DVDFab developers use also. It is possibly a windows permission problem of some sort. Check the windows security settings and loosen them up or temporarily/permanently turn them (e.g. UAC) off. Look for something that might deny writing to the registry without telling you it had done so.

//EDIT// You might also try dumping the prefetch folder/turning this feature off.

Comment

Working...
                              X