This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPU Acceleration Impact?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but was wondering how much of an impact the GPU actually has on a conversion and what people's thoughts were on whether an upgrade to GPU will have a noticeable impact on conversion times. Just to throw out some models for discussion, what about going from a Nvidia 9600 to a current generation model (although not top of the line) like GTX 275 or Radeon 4870?

Thanks for any input!

From what I have read in the forum, it can make a tremendous difference and lower CPU load. Mine doesn't support it, so I have no way to know for sure. I would go for a card with a GB of DDR3 RAM.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      From what I have read in the forum, it can make a tremendous difference and lower CPU load. Mine doesn't support it, so I have no way to know for sure. I would go for a card with a GB of DDR3 RAM.
      Likewise, from what I hear, the difference can be huge.
      I'm trying to tinker together a new core i7 rig and I'll be putting in
      6-12 GB of DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) and an
      EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Video Card
      (My last build is about 5 years old)

I'm having trouble finding the time right now, but when I do, I anticipate running a whole lot faster...
      I'll let you know.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies guys! Definitely might speed up my thoughts on bumping up my video card. Any further thoughts on whether cuda or dxva is better?

Comment

All other things being equal, I think CUDA would be preferable, but many support both. Choose a card with good cooling from a vendor with a good history of firmware updates. You may need to upgrade the cooling in your case if you put a powerhouse card into an existing system.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X