Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I installed the latest version from the website 7.0.3.0 but when I expand the the "more" options, ipad is not there.

Also, during the free trial it would only take me 55 minutes to do an entire Star Trek next generation DVD to my ipad. Well, now it taking 1 hour or more just for one chapter on the disk. It been running two hours just for the first two chapters on this disk.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-20-2010, 01:02 AM.

Comment

Which website did you download/buy it from because the current version on the Fab website and this forum is version 7.0.6.0. Are you sure that you were not scammed?

Also have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread. Link in my signature below.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

OK I will check your link.

I just downloaded the 7.0.6.0 and it won't accept my license. It says "no" under enabled. I wasn't scammed, I got all the confirmation emails from you guys. Guess its just a matter of installing it a couple of time?

OK reinstalled a third time and now it says enabled. I'll check out your link to set it up for best performance.
        Last edited by MAYAman; 05-20-2010, 01:07 AM.

Comment

If the registration key gives you problems, have a read of my "Registration Key Problems?" thread in the Answers to Common Question section of this forum.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Great thanks again

Comment

Quick question,

I followed your thread link and did everything you suggested. But on the same computer I was running the free month trial it only took 1 hour to do a Star Trek DVD, now with the paid software its taking 4 hours.

Can anyone help shed some light?

thanks

Comment

More than likely a DMA issue.
                When you stated it took 4 hours "to do"...do you mean rip and burn?
                There are a couple of links in my sig re: DMA...have a look please.

The first link is:
                Tips on Troubleshooting Analyzing/Ripping dvds
                Please look to #7...there is a Reset DMA tab in Fab...just click on it.
                Unfortunately, this reset doesn't always stick. There is additional info there and if you have a particularly difficult time of it, run the .VBS Script file under the "Stubborn DMA" link

We could also use more details.
                A burn log will be most helpful

The default location is:
                C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Last edited by maineman; 05-20-2010, 11:38 PM.
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Well, today I fired up FAB and it just crashes and closes. This is a brand new XP pro install, there is basically no other software on this machine other than FAB and Microsoft office. I didn't change anything, I didn't do anything other than click the little monkey. The DVD seems to load and then BOOM, FAB disappears.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled now as administrator 6 times and the same thing. I have rebooted, I have searched the links here.

Comment

MAYAman
                    Please attach the log files mentioned earlier. We can't help you without a little more information.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Geesh, have you got any hair left to pull out?
                      I have no idea what's missing or what's conflicting, but my guess is something from the former based on your post and the new XP install.

If you haven't updated XP, please update to SP3
                      Then I would D/L and install

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

"Brief Description
                      The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installs runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries required to run applications developed with Visual C++ on a computer that does not have Visual C++ 2010 installed."

Could you post your rig's specs?
                      Make & model, custom build?, motherboard, burners.
                      Any burning software of any kind installed?

Here are a few free utilities to help out.

Belarc Advisor
                      Please be certain that you delete any product key data before posting on the net

"The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, missing Microsoft hotfixes, anti-virus status, CIS (Center for Internet Security) benchmarks, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server."

An outstanding utility that will provide tons of info, benchmarking and monitoring.

System info utility.
                      Two words, simple, easy
                      Last edited by maineman; 05-24-2010, 04:40 AM. Reason: fixed typo
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                      X