X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVXA vs COREAVC?

Hi

Can someone tell me before I purchase CoreAVC if I will see a Speed or Quality Improvement with CoreAVC over DVXA? Or are they about the same?

Using blu2mkv config.

Thanks

The benefit I have seen with CoreAVC is that it frees up the GPU to encode full time, making the entire process faster than using the GPU for encode and decode (at least on my setup). There is no benefit unless the original BD uses h264AVC. I have never compared with DXVA using the same content or with MPEG-2 or VC1 BDs.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

dvdfab DVXA vs coreAVC

Hi SIGNALS-ADMINISTRATOR, could you explain a little futher about coreAVC and DXVA? I'm buying a new computer and trying to get all the information I can before I jump in! I have an old dell optiplex-gx260! My pc says coreAVC not detected, and I can't use any of the listed software! It says my graphics card can't support any of the decoders or endcoders in the drop down menu! and what does the other member mean by you can buy the coreAVC! Trying to get the best out of my dvdfab!, sure would appreciatate your input greatly!

Comment

I can only tell you both the results I have seen on my system, others may have different experiences. CoreAVC is software that decodes AVC which is used on some Blu-rays. It costs about US$12 but works very well with DVDFab. My video card (Nvidia GeForce GT-230M) is not high end, but works pretty well when it is only asked to either encode or decode (with CUDA) but not both. Better cards can do both (encode and decode) easily. I think Fengtao has the GT-270 in one of his test machines. DXVA decodes only, CUDA does both. Compressing Blu-ray streams manipulates large amounts of data, so you will get the best results (shortest times) with a quad core CPU and a graphics card with CUDA.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

CoreAVC is an add on programme that you can buy. CUDA seems far more stable than DXVA at this point in time.

On the computer, biggest, fastest that you can buy for your budget but most definitely not a laptop.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

A high-end laptop can muddle through. That's what mine is (HP dv8t).

Comment

coreAVC vs DXVA

SIGNALS and GREGIBOY, thanks so very much for the information, has really helped me out! YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!!!

Comment

You are welcome! Here is the link for CoreAVC http://corecodec.com/products/coreavc

Comment

coreAVC

Will this work on my old pc right now?

Comment

Working...
                  X