This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paid for 2 years, but it won't enable

I just bought a 2-year license for the "DVD to mobile" software. I've entered the registration key and it still says "no" under "enabled", even though the expiration date is in 2012!

Yes, I've followed the instructions under:

My original version of "DVDFab Platinum" was downloaded on May 11th, but that shouldn't matter, now that I've paid for the "DVD to mobile" package, right?

I'm pretty frustrated. I've tried contacting customer support by filling out the form, but I haven't heard back.

Did you only purchase the DVD to mobile or did you also purchase the required DVD to DVD.?

Comment

caulfield,
      may I ask you what website you have purchased DVDFab from? There is not such a thing as DVDFab Platinum. Besides, you saying you paid for Passkey??? Is that correct??
      In any respect, you should download new installer for latest version 7.0.6.2 from here:http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm
      and install it "as Administrator". Don't start DVDFab when prompted at the end of installation, but start application as Administrator and register with key provided to you in purchase confirmation email.

Sorry G, I'm too slow - didn't see you already answered.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

I missed the word Platinum in the first post so now I am wondering about the previous download... but I think he missed this...

As shown on the Buy Now page, options can be added to an existing license at any time. Any option can be purchased as a standalone product, with the exception of DVD to Mobile (which requires a license for DVD to DVD)

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
          I missed the word Platinum in the first post so now I am wondering about the previous download... but I think he missed this...

As shown on the Buy Now page, options can be added to an existing license at any time. Any option can be purchased as a standalone product, with the exception of DVD to Mobile (which requires a license for DVD to DVD)
          As far as I know Platinum is no longer available for sale all products are sold as options(individually), or do I have misunderstanding of this.

Comment

Originally posted by StormJumper View Post
            As far as I know Platinum is no longer available for sale all products are sold as options(individually), or do I have misunderstanding of this.
            Stormjumper the part in red in my post is from the home page information.. All are individual except DVD to Mobil which must have the DVD to DVD license.

You and IP are both correct in that Platinum under that name has not been available for sale for a long time.

Comment

Here is a copy/paste from the home page.
              The text in red I changed to red to highlight it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Here is an explanation of the new structure and the choices for new and existing users:
              • DVDFab Platinum is now DVDFab "DVD to DVD" option
              • DVDFab "DVD to Mobile" is an option as before
              • DVDFab "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" is a new option
              • DVDFab "Blu-ray to Mobile" is a new option
              • VideoFab Converter is now DVDFab "File to Mobile" option
              • DVDFab "File Mover" is a new option

As shown on the Buy Now page, options can be added to an existing license at any time. Any option can be purchased as a standalone product, with the exception of DVD to Mobile (which requires a license for DVD to DVD) and Blu-ray to Mobile (which requires a license for Blu-ray to Blu-ray). When adding new options, you will receive an updated key via email.
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                Stormjumper the part in red in my post is from the home page information.. All are individual except DVD to Mobil which must have the DVD to DVD license.

You and IP are both correct in that Platinum under that name has not been available for sale for a long time.
                Yes I know what it states just didn't understand why the OP stated "bought Platinum"

Comment

Originally posted by StormJumper View Post
                  Yes I know what it states just didn't understand why the OP stated "bought Platinum"
                  Probably for the same reason he had Passkey in the title?????????
                  Which was removed as this has nothing to do with Passkey.

Comment

I think he is referring to the "Registration Key" as "Passkey"

Also, you CAN purchase "DVD to Mobile" as an individual module PROVIDED that you already have purchased the "DVD to DVD" module in the past.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      I think he is referring to the "Registration Key" as "Passkey"

Also, you CAN purchase "DVD to Mobile" as an individual module PROVIDED that you already have purchased the "DVD to DVD" module in the past.
                      True but we do not know if he has made the required purchase.
                      We are going to have to standby for a reply.
                      I have seen him trying to reply to the thread and he is getting some kind of error message and has been unable to post.

Comment

Ah, the forum registration e-mail was in spam.

So, yes, I mistaken selected "passkey" because I was having a registration key problem. I had no idea that it referred to specific software.

I didn't know that you needed to purchase DVD to DVD for DVD to mobile to work. Yes, it says it below the purchase, but I didn't notice. I purchased DVDFab Platinum last year. I also didn't know about the division of the software into distinct downloads. For me, it was a package deal. Now that I know all of this, I renewed my "DVD to DVD" license and it's all working now.

Thanks for the prompt responses!

Comment

That's good news. Please set your spam filter to allow messages from DVDFab Forum to come through.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                          X