This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open DVD Source dialogue never goes away

I have been having this problem recently. At first I thought it was the recent releases movies that I tried to backup. When I installed DVDFAB on my laptop though the same disks worked fine.

I am thinking that maybe my DVD drive is going bad but the drive seems to work fine for playing movies, reading dvd's and even burning dvd's.

Any ideas?

Try clicking the Reset DMA button in DVDFab Common Settings on the machine that is not working. You may also have some software installed on the bad machine that is causing a conflict with DVDFab. You might also try selecting ASPI I/O control instead of Auto or SPTI on the one that won't work correctly (in Common Settings also).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks Signal, I'll try the suggestions at my first opportunity.

Another question, what exactly is it doing at this time. Is there anyway I can tell how long it should take/ how many times the progress bar does it thing, for any particular DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
        Try clicking the Reset DMA button in DVDFab Common Settings on the machine that is not working.
        I tried this but am not sure if it worked.

When you select Reset DMA it says "you need to restart your computer to make DMA be enabled". Not sure what that means, if I reboot does it defeat the resetting of the DMA and put me back to the way I was before I hit Reset DMA?

Originally posted by signals View Post
        You might also try selecting ASPI I/O control instead of Auto or SPTI on the one that won't work correctly (in Common Settings also).
        I looked around but could not find/figure out where to change the ASPI I/O control
        Last edited by Back-N-Black; 06-03-2010, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Back-N-Black
          Your first question is Yes, you must restart and it will apply the changes and it will not defeat the resetting of the changes
          Second open Fab click the green check top right go to DVD / Blu-Ray >read and you should find your settings
          CBR929

You can also check your drives mode by going into device manager IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers click IDE controllers advanced settings and check for DMA, if they are IDE, but make sure you check both of your IDE channels.
          For Sata in the same folder IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers Serial ATA controllers click the port that has your drive on it, and also check your DMA status.
          Last edited by CBR929; 06-03-2010, 12:52 AM. Reason: text
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
          X