This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other customer service

I'm just having trouble speaking with the correct people.

Early last year I purchased DVD fab gold and learned that it would not do what I wanted so I "upgraded" to platinum. However, I was charged twice for this and eventually gave up trying to get a credit, even though I never used the gold program.

Today I renewed my platinum and was charged for two of the programs for some reason. When I called the customer service number in North America I was told "we don't give money back...I would have to email dvdfab". I'm not trying to steal software. I paid my money. If they want to charge twice for the same thing just charge twice as much. This is just no good business.
    So much for a friendly customer service voice.

Each time I try to order through dvd fab the order goes wrong. I know it's difficult dealing between these two countries, but I really need to get it right this time. I just am not going to get the shaft twice. Anybody have a correct email or phone number.

Please give us the url of the website where you made the purchase. As far as I know, there is no North American phone number except for the payment processor. You should use the "Contact Us " link on www.dvdfab.com to contact them in Beijing. They will respond, usually within 24 hours. I have never heard of a problem like this when purchasing on the "real" website. They could not stay in business with practices like this.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

response to inquiry

The renewal of my DVD Fab contract for another year was made through
      http://www.dvdfab.net on 2010-06-03 14:23:44 order reference 7530xxx

It said ordering was taken care of by avangate,cin and gave the phone number of 650-963-5701 for USA and Canada. or 888-247-1614 for payment related questions which is the one I called. ML Leopard
      Last edited by Guest; 06-03-2010, 04:37 PM. Reason: edit order number

Comment

@Gruñón,
        You beat by what was literally 5 seconds...thanks for the edit.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Not to worry ML. You purchased from the only authorized site and Avangate is Fengtao's legit vendor.

I have just pm'd Fengtao and called his attention to this thread.

Please email or pm him with the info you posted here, but include the complete "unedited" license # in your email.

Fengtao(at)dvdidle.com
          (please replace (at) with @)

As signals said, this may take a day or two.
          Feel free to contact me any time
          We will get this sorted.

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

ML,

Are you trying to be charged for DVD to DVD & DVD to Mobile?

If that is the case, it is correct because Platinum is no longer and is replaced by the above.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Two charges for the same amount appeared on his card. One may have been card verification by Avangate, in which case only one would actually go through. I have put him in contact with the office in Beijing.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Two charges for the same amount appeared on his card. One may have been card verification by Avangate, in which case only one would actually go through. I have put him in contact with the office in Beijing.
                Thanks pard

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  ML,

Are you trying to be charged for DVD to DVD & DVD to Mobile?

If that is the case, it is correct because Platinum is no longer and is replaced by the above.

I am simply to renew whatever replaced platinum. I originally bought gold and upgrated to platinum because that was the only way I could do splits. I could never get the money back for the gold so I just ate it. I just need the one program that does it all and that's it. I still don't know why it sold me two of the same program whatever it's called. ML

Comment

The way I understand it, Platinum was replaced by DVD to DVD & DVD to Mobile.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      The way I understand it, Platinum was replaced by DVD to DVD & DVD to Mobile.
                      Yup, you got it.
                      Way back when, there was Gold and Express. Then came Platinum, which was a combo of the Gold and Express apps.
                      Once Platinum arrived, Gold was still available as a standalone purchase.

At this point, if one owned Gold, he/she could upgrade to Platinum at a reduced cost (as opposed to buying Platinum at the retail price).

Then came DVD to Mobile. Fengtao made this app available to all Platinum owners free of charge and at that time, all apps carried lifetime subscriptions.

May 8, 2008 was the date on which lifetime subscriptions stopped being grandfathered.

Hope this helps rather than adds to confusion

Comment

Hi,

You have one DVDFab Gold(order: 251xxxx), one "Upgrade to DVDFab Platinum from DVDFab Gold(1 Year)"(order: 218xxxx), one renew Platinum(2 years)(order: 753xxxx) in database.

If you don't have both original DVDFab Gold and "Upgrade to DVDFab Platinum from DVDFab Gold(1 Year)", you won't have DVDFab Platinum. What is your second program you mention?

Any future problems, please feel free to contact with us.

My response
                        Monday June 7, 2010

I am very confused by your email. It does not tell me what is wrong. I know I do not understand your programming offerings. Here is what happened.

I originally purchased, the DVDFAB Gold. It would not do split, so I was told I had to upgrade to Platinum, which I did. I was charged for both programs not just the upgrade.

Then this year, I understand, there is no such thing as platinum anymore. I did not know this and "renewed" on line when it said to renew. I did not get platinum obviously but the new program.

I just do not understand what you mean by I have a renew for 2 years of the platinum program. I asked about this when your representative said I had bought two of the same one year programs. He also said there is no such thing as two years. They are renewed each year. I explained I did not want two of the same program.
                        I also do not understand your comment "What is your second program you mention?" They said I would have to contact you.

Here is the problem. When I try to use it now it says:

1. The DVD FAB DVD to DVD is expired.

2. It will not record 5 length programs only dual layer 9s.

I need to be able to go from files or discs for shorter films and record to both.

I am not getting the same program I had before. Can you just tell me simply what program I must have. I want to duplicate DVD films I have made and copy my own DVDs to make a copy of them. This is what I need, otherwise, I cannot use the DVD FAB program. I have copied the forum and just want to solve the problem. Thank you

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                        Not to worry ML. You purchased from the only authorized site and Avangate is Fengtao's legit vendor.

I have just pm'd Fengtao and called his attention to this thread.

Please email or pm him with the info you posted here, but include the complete "unedited" license # in your email.

Fengtao(at)dvdidle.com
                        (please replace (at) with @)

As signals said, this may take a day or two.
                        Feel free to contact me any time
                        We will get this sorted.

Comment

Hi Mitchell,

I'm confused as well.
                          I have again contacted admin and Fengtao himself.

Apologies for the delay and confusion.
                          Hang in there, this will get resolved.

Comment

As I said, I can't speak to the "double charges", but I have again, bent the appropriate ears.

Did you receive a license or licenses via email following your purchase(s) made on 06/03/10 ?

Did you double click on the email attachment and restart Fab?

Please download Fab 7067 here

Do not run, just save it to your hdd.
                            Now right click and run as administrator and once installed, open it.
                            What happens?
                            What is displayed when you click "About" re: your license?

Still no go?

Now go to the same homepage linked above.
                            Click on Support (upper right).
                            From the dropdown, click on Resend key

Be certain to select Fab 6.x/Fab 7.x (all in one e-mail).
                            Once retrieved, double click on the email attachment and restart Fab.
                            What happens?

Comment

Working...
                            X