This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

media player list

Afte some debte with some of the moderators earlier about quality, I have been looking at going this route as well. I figure that as long as 25g blanks are more xpensive than $3, HDD space is going to be less expensive.

As far as I could find there are only 5 or 6 Media Players that will play Blu-Rays rips with full menu's, which is what I a looking for. Here is the list I was able to find. Though the Argosy player didnt make the list (not full menus?).

Comment

I have the LG BD570 player so i could just make the blu-rays to mkv and play them directly from a usb hard drive with little differance? Can u make large uncompressed mkv files?

Comment

We don't know. Post the specs of the player. Yes you can.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Specifications

* HDMI Output: Up to 1080p (24 & 60Hz)
          * Disc Playback Capability: Blu-ray Disc, BD-R/RE, DVD, DVD±R/RW, Audio CD, CD-R/RW
          * Video Content Format: DivX®/DivX HD, MPEG4 AVC, HP@L4.1, MPEG2, HP@ML, SMPTE VC1, AP@L3, MPEG2, HP@ML, AVCHD, MKV
          * Home Link Playable Content Format: DivX®/DivX HD, MPEG2 TS/PS, MPEG1 SS, XVID, MKV, AVI, WMA, MP3, AC3, AAC, JPEG, PNG
          * Supported Audio Standards : MP3, WMA, WAV
          * Built-in Audio Decoders : Linear PCM, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS Decoder
          * Digital/Analog Conversion: 192KHz/24bit
          * WiFi® Certified: 802.11b/g/n (2.4GHz band only)
          * Dimensions: 16.9"W x 1.7"H x 8.0"D
          * Weight: 4.4 lbs
          * Power Consumption: 20W

Comment

Originally posted by hanibal View Post
            I have the LG BD570 player so i could just make the blu-rays to mkv and play them directly from a usb hard drive with little differance?
            If your player can take external HDD on USB and play from it, you are good to go

Can u make large uncompressed mkv files?
            Yes you can using "mkv.remux" profile
            sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

where is "mkv.remux" profile

Comment

The specs say Wi-Fi so I presume that it is networkable but don't even think of trying to play BR rips via Wi-Fi. There is just not enough throughput.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

remux profile is coming. We are testing at the moment. IP, you naughty, naughty boy.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    remux profile is coming. We are testing at the moment. IP, you naughty, naughty boy.
                    GregiBoy,
                    you are so accusive...today

@ hanibal
                    mkv.remux profile is in Blu-ray to Mobile mode ->MKV. There are two profiles: "mkv.remux" and "mkv.h264.audiocopy".
                    "mkv.remux" will give you uncompressed content re-packaged from BR to MKV container, and
                    "mkv.h264.audiocopy" profile will produce compressed to order content with audiocopy (Remove HD audio is an option)
                    Last edited by IPopov50; 08-09-2010, 10:26 PM.
                    sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Nah, just in high spirits....

Comment

So will the mkv.remux profile be the same output size as the br or a little smaller?

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          Nah, just in high spirits....
                          are you high... is that what you're saying What is it "high"???
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hanibal View Post
                            So will the mkv.remux profile be the same output size as the br or a little smaller?
                            It will be little smaller because it will remux and produce only main movie with your selected streams. (i.e. if you select only english stream from four total HD audio streams, this selection will shave off almost 10 GB, and so on)
                            sigpic

Comment

ya i only choose main movie and the top audio wether it is dtshd or dolby true.

Comment

Can't wait to try it out!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X