Ignorant question about "no menus in merge"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ignorant question about "no menus in merge"

Newbie here, If I merge two movies with 20 chapters each I end up with a DVDr with one title and 40 chapters. I'd like a DVDr with two titles of 20 chapters each. Using HD Decrypter freeware, am I dreaming? 8-) ie: "no menus in merge" equal "one title only?" Thanks for your consideration, Viewerx

You can use freeware TitleWriter to add menu to the individual movies.

Are you using DVDFAB to merge?
    The free version HD Decrypter will not merge or compress.

Comment

The 'Merge" funtion is part of the PAID subscription after the free trial expires and it will merge as 2 titles but no menus.

It will not join them as 1 file.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I told you I was a newbie: Shareware = whole package that you pay for in full later and Freeware = a kind of fancy package that goes more basic if you don't subscribe later?? I just noted that it was free and did not expire. I did not read all of the agreement as I knew I wasn't going to be doing anything wrong with it. I am merging at the moment. How long will I have before it goes more basic?
        I found that I had to FWD through many chapters to get to the second title and did not notice that my INFO had reset when going from chap 1-20 to chap 2-1 (little display panel across the room). This is still -effectively- one long title. Yes, I'm a dern idjit, but, I'll admit to it.
        I went looking for some freeware after I found out that while I was able to rip my DVDrs with Windows 7 while waiting for my software disc to get on the net I lost that capability when Windows automaticly upgraded once I made it to the net. Confused the bejeebbers out of me!! Thank you for your patience.

Comment

Many PC and standalone players will allow you to navigate a DVD-Video by selecting the title number. Merge mode produces one title per Source (not one title containing all Sources), so you can navigate merged volumes this way. You can have up to 64 Sources (good for merging cartoons, music videos or other short titles).
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have spent days and nights trying to figure out a way to get the speed of DVDFab Merge, and yet get a menu. in reading your comment, i may be a lot closer to a difinitive answer.
            when i merge two old movies onto 1 dvd5 disk, it work fine (and 5 times as fast as nero), except that when i inserted the DVD into a stanalone DVD Player, it just played the first movie, then played the second. no menu, no choice of which to play, etc.
            do i understand you to mean that there should be some numbers visible to choose from ?

Comment

Working...
            X