This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to thumb drive

Is it possible to copy a dvd to a thumb drive (16 gig) for a a car trip? Thats all I need is two rug-rats screaming for two hours are we their yet. Just joking about the rug-rags I love them more then anything. Thanks ahead of time

The copying to the thumb drive is no problem.

The main problems are:-
    1. Will the car player recognise your 16Gb thumb drive?
    2. Will it play a DVD structure from the thumb drive?

Some players will play AVI files from thumb drives so youmay have to look at a DVD to Mobile option.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

i'll try that I didn't even think of using mobile. I'll post my results
      GregiBoy you the man or should i say boy lol Thanks again

Comment

Suggest you research the specs on your player that you are going to try to use and the file formats that it supports.

If you need any help, just holler !!!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Check the specs on the thumb drive too. Many of them, especially older ones, don't support read rates high enough to handle DVD MPEG-2 video playback.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Check the specs on the thumb drive too. Many of them, especially older ones, don't support read rates high enough to handle DVD MPEG-2 video playback.
            thats true, they may have to be formatted to Fat32 or NTFS I think also and some may not matter.

Comment

Good point, W&B.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Usually players work better using FAT32 and the Windows limit on FAT32 is 32Gb so he should be ok and there are plenty of 3rd part utilities out there to do this and way exceed the 32Gb Windoze limit. I have formatted 2Tb drives as FAT32 !!!

If his player plays AVI's at ~1100 bitrate the transfer speed should not be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                X