Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an easy way to see which title to back up?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Is there an easy way to see which title to back up?

My problem is I am trying to back up Shutter Island and I do not know which title to use. I searched the forum and someone mentioned title 31 ( no luck ) and title 8 ( trying that one now) Is there a method to determine which title to use?

Thanks James

Put the dvd in your dvd player and use the remote to see which title is being played..
    That is the one you want.

Comment

I will see if my DVD players display the title number.....It did for about a half a second. Thanks I figured there was an easy way.

Comment

is there a way to do this with a ps3? hitting the display button to show the title/chapter do not match what dvdfab shows.

Comment

Not that I know of but you can also do it on your PC using VLC/Media Player Classic.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

like GregiBoy said you can use your computer using either VLC/Media Player Classic or the playback softplayer you use already.

Comment

The current free version of DVDFab should copy Shutter Island with no problem.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

my vlc player doesnt read blu ray discs. can u tell me steps to get it to play/show the titles?

Comment

Try MPC Home Theatre. I don't think that VLC supports BR just yet.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

if i use powerdvd will it show the titles?

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      Try MPC Home Theatre. I don't think that VLC supports BR just yet.
                      wouldnt open the disc.

Comment

That's strange. I do not do the BR SH1T but I know IPopov swears by it. We'll have to wait till he's back from his travels or maybe someone else can help.
                        Last edited by GregiBoy; 07-08-2010, 07:50 AM.

Comment

PowerDVD will show the title number that is playing. With PDVD10, right click on the screen while playing and select "Show Information" from the list. The box with title, chapter, video codec etc. will appear in the upper right.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

awesome i will do this from now on.

@ greg ya i am waiting for ipo to get back so he can help me get the most out of the gtx 295 cuda. seems it is only using one gpu and not both.

Comment

thisizbrian: I believe you can find out what titles and angles are on each disc with a little program called BDInfo. Google it. I'm pretty sure that is what you're trying to accomplish but not positive.
                              SPECS
                              DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                              SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
                              X