Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware SSd drive giving performance boost?

I am curious if an SSD drive will give a performance boost when compressing. I dont see any reason why it would give a boost but it may help with transfer rates of some sort.

i think it will give a performance boost when there is no compression needed but I do not know for sure.

before I grab an SSD i would like to know if anyone has one that they use for this.

any info would be useful.

thanks fab users!

With respect to your first question about rip times and compression:

Originally posted by extrememc View Post
    I was just wonder if I was to add a SSD to my current machine as OS drive and rip drive. Would that increase my rip time? It's currently taking a average of 3 to 4 hrs for a main movie BD9 1080P.
    Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
    extrememc,
    take a look at this thread:

I did it 'cause I could. In general. I wouldn't recommend to spend this kind of money for such a mediocre improvement.
    As far as improved times with no compression, I suspect similar results, but it looks like we'll have to wait for my good friend IPopov50 to respond.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

ya as i dont know anything about blu ray to mkv or whatever i am more interested in blu ray compression times with the ssd.

Comment

Originally Posted by extrememc
        "I was just wonder if I was to add a SSD to my current machine as OS drive and rip drive. Would that increase my rip time?

It's currently taking a average of 3 to 4 hrs for a main movie BD9 1080P".
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
        X