This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Hardware Solid State Drives

I was just wonder if I was to add a SSD to my current machine as OS drive and rip drive. Would that increase my rip time? It's currently taking a average of 3 to 4 hrs for a main movie BD9 1080P.
    Homebrew Win 724X DVD BLU-RAY 4X COMBO AMD Athlon II X2 2.9GHz Dual-Core ASUS M4A785-M 750GB 7200 RPM G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 SDRAM
    Display: 50 LG Plasma 720P 600hz HDMI
    Mac Mini 09 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26 GHz Dual-Core2 GB DDR3 SDRAM Eyetv Hybird
    Display: 42 LCD Philips 1080P 60hz HDMI
    Network DIR-655 Router HP Media Smart Server LX-195 DNS-321 Storage 5+ TB

I don't think it would make a big difference. For a dual core without GPU acceleration, 3-4 hours is not too bad.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

How do I know if I got GPU acceleration or not?
      Homebrew Win 724X DVD BLU-RAY 4X COMBO AMD Athlon II X2 2.9GHz Dual-Core ASUS M4A785-M 750GB 7200 RPM G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 SDRAM
      Display: 50 LG Plasma 720P 600hz HDMI
      Mac Mini 09 Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26 GHz Dual-Core2 GB DDR3 SDRAM Eyetv Hybird
      Display: 42 LCD Philips 1080P 60hz HDMI
      Network DIR-655 Router HP Media Smart Server LX-195 DNS-321 Storage 5+ TB

Comment

It depends on your video card. You can check to see if DVDFab supports it by clicking on the little checkmark in the upper right corner of the DVDFab window. Then click on "A/V Codec" in the left window. You should see something like the attached image that shows if DVDFab recognized anything. If it did, it will be listed in the large text box. Hope for CUDA.
        Attached Files
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Here in Oz, I cannot see the cost effectiveness just yet.

240Gb SSD = AU$890
          1Tb SATA = AU$83

I think I'll be waiting a while......
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            Here in Oz, I cannot see the cost effectiveness just yet.

240Gb SSD = AU$890
            1Tb SATA = AU$83

I think I'll be waiting a while......
            Bingo for me in the states as well.
            Besides, being an old fart, I am surrounded by too many things much faster than me already...
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              Besides, being an old fart, I am surrounded by too many things much faster than me already...
              I hope that includes women !!!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

You know how it is with new tech. They really make you bend over for it at the register the first few it's out.

Comment

Originally posted by DharmaBummed69 View Post
                  You know how it is with new tech. They really make you bend over for it at the register the first few it's out.
                  One of the curses of the early adopter.

Comment

extrememc,
                    take a look at this thread:

I did it 'cause I could. In general. I wouldn't recommend to spend this kind of money for such a mediocre improvement.

Originally posted by extrememc View Post
                    I was just wonder if I was to add a SSD to my current machine as OS drive and rip drive. Would that increase my rip time? It's currently taking a average of 3 to 4 hrs for a main movie BD9 1080P.
                    sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
                    X