This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

change temp folder to location OTHER than c:\..\mydocuments

Would be surprised if not discussed to death but couldn't find definitive response....

dvdfab optiona allow for relocation of "movie" folder as well as "temp" and "log" folders.. read in this forum that although "temp" folder locaton changed in options that 1. you cannot get rid of dvdfab entries/folders in the "my documents" folder AND that if you did make this change in options that dvdfab will ultimately write to both temp folders when copying dvds. I can't remember whic memeber made this claim... would hate to think i was wasting time copying to 2 temp folders each time i copied dvds... Can someone verify this???

I have a SATA Solid state drive (HD0)that allows for min 60 fps copying of dvds and min of 100 fps when reauthoring an iso off hard drive that was already initially ripped with dvdfab. I have configured for minimal WRITES to SD and would like to keep most of my WRITES to (HD1 SATA HD). 1 HD1 actually writes faster than my SD and 2. want to keep read/write wear to SD to a minimum. Also would be great if I could copy dvd even faster than the already avg start to finish time of 20 (incl burn time)

ps used to take me avg 1 hr PRIOR to addition of SDD with unnamed free competitor sotware to rip/ burn dvd.

This is not correct. DVDFab DVD to DVD writes only a single temp file, to whatever destination is specified in Settings. Even that one will be deleted if you check "Delete temp files when done". Not sure about Blu-ray, but I have not found any of those where they should not be.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals, you are correct, but I have found that even if you delete the default directories, Fab recreates them when restarted although it puts any created files in the locations that you specify.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
      X