This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other There is a new version of DVDFab Platinum

I am running DVDFab 5.2.3.2 on Windows XPS3. I also have Roxio running in Drag-to-disc mode.

I have already downloaded (ripped) a dvd using DVDFab to the DVDFab/Temp/Customize/<movie name> folder. I click on the "Write Data" icon, select my move name and clicked OK. And I get the following message: " There is a new version of DVDFab Platinum, please update and try again."

Does anyone know how to get around this? Is this a way for DVDFab to force customers update to the latest version?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Avg Joe

Not dwelling on the fact you are almost 2 years behind in updates you can go to your settings and un-check the Check for New Versions box.

Comment

Thanks for the return message. But I already un-checked the "Check for New Versions" box.
      As for the 2 year old version, my upgrade philosophy is "if ain't broke don't fix it". And before I started getting this message, version 5 was doing everything I needed it to do.

Comment

Some firewalls/AV programs prevent the auto-update feature.

A lot of the newer released DVD's wil not be able to be ripped until you upgrade to the latest version. Only upgrade if you have a current licence.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Do you get any other error messages? The one you got was triggered by an error of some type, not the update feature. The registry filters placed by Roxio can cause problems, but if it was working before it should work now.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the feedback folks. I don't get any other messages, however when trying to write out a different movie to dvd, DVDFab just turns itself off as soon as I select the movie.

I don't have any problem ripping dvds, just writing them out to new dvds.

As for Roxio, I do have it installed and have my suspicions it may be the culprit. I'll have to try uninstalling it and see what happens.

I'll also try the upgrade.

Comment

I hope some of this works for you Joe. You may have to manually delete the registry filters that Roxio places. You can use ImgBurn (free) to do this easily. Under Tools, select Filter driver load order, highlight the Roxio filter that appears on the list and click the "Remove selected filter" button on the bottom left.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X