This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other 7-0-9-0 vs. McAfee

Is there a problem with this new release?

Just when I looked at the Forums this morning I saw there was a new release 7-0-9-0, however when I selected the new releases it did not appear, I had to select it separately.

Then when it downloaded to my desk top before I could instal it McAfee has quarantined it.

McAfee strikes again, report it to McAfee since it's a false positive.

Comment

And since it is not a beta the link takes you to the home/download page to select it manually.

When it is a beta release the link downloads automatically.

Comment

I knew you were going to say that, but this is different to anything I have ever had in the years I have had DVD Fab.

As I said when selecting new releases 7-0-9-0 doesn't come up, had to select it separately, no big deal but different and odd.

Then after I downloaded it from the correct page it was immediately quarantined by McAfee. I have never ever had this before with any software at all, even past instances on DVD Fab where McAfee has found a false positive.

As I asked are you SURE there is no problem at all with 7-0-9-0?

THANK YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post

As I asked are you SURE there is no problem at all with 7-0-9-0?

THANK YOU.
          Think about it.......... If there was a problem you would not be the only one asking about it.

I have copied 7 movies today with 7090.
          Last edited by Guest; 07-30-2010, 09:44 PM.

Comment

I am NOT ignoring you, would never do that, trying all sorts of things to get around it.

Seems you were right, which I guess you knew, McAfee kept quarantining the download, never have before, and I have DVD Fab as a safe site.

McAfee would not let me restore the download, and would not let me report the download to them directly (file too big).

Am now going to try the only other thing I can think of, turn off McAfee altogether just for 10-15 minutes, leaving my computer unprotected, and try that.

Fingers crossed..................

Comment

ive copied 8! beat that grunon!

Comment

Kaspersky2010 reports no problems with the v7.0.9.0 installer.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

davidh

I'm going through hell right now because of MacAfee, check out gerenal chat, windows xp, get a better virus protection! Moderators have been great and members also!

Comment

Just for info, I (reluctantly) did that now, downloaded the new 7-0-9-0 with McAfee turned off, and was able to instal it okay, tried it again after I restored (so called) McAfee protection and it quarantined the download again.

So far it has not affected the actual DVD Fab 7-0-9-0 now on my computer, I hope that the threat (real or false) is ONLY in the download, and it won't affect my installation of 7-0-9-0 when I do a McAfee scan.

Again just for info/interest this is what it is quarantining, rightly or wrongly, and the reason I originally asked here as it does say .cn and DVD Fab does originate from China.

Virus Profile: New Malware.cn Threat Search

Print Share
                    Virus Profile information details Risk Assessment: Home Low | Corporate Low
                    Date Discovered: 4/16/2007
                    Date Added: 4/16/2007
                    Origin: N/A
                    Length: Varies
                    Type: Trojan
                    Subtype: Heuristic
                    DAT Required: 5010

Thank you....................

Comment

Originally posted by 8855A View Post
                      I'm going through hell right now because of MacAfee, check out gerenal chat, windows xp, get a better virus protection! Moderators have been great and members also!
                      I was considering that, but McAfee has been working so well lately including with DVD Fab that I just renewed last week for another 12 months.

Comment

Just as a FINAL piece of info, have now down a complete scan of the computer with McAfee, and McAfee was pleased to report no viruses, trojans or any other threats on my computer.

DVD Fab 7-0-9-0 is still installed okay, so it appears the trojan (false or true) was ONLY in the download, just hope I don't have to do that again for every future new release.

Thanks again................

Comment

I tried to download 7090 last night, but Firefox just froze when trying to download with no messages from McAfee at all. Tried numerous times this morning and with IE too, but same thing. I figured I wasn't the only one, so checked the forum, saw this thread and sure enough it was McAfee! I've never experienced this before though, so that's why I didn't suspect McAfee as the cause of the inability to download. I just turned off the virus scan for 15 min. and it downloaded. How do you report this problem to McAfee? (I've never had to before)

Comment

I have now reported it to McAfee, whether they do anything about it is another thing.

When I first started using DVD Fab some years ago McAfee had dvdfab.com listed as a red (dangerous) site, took some convincing to get them to check it and since then it has been green (safe).

See if they fix up this or not.

Comment

Well at least they got my message, just received this email from them.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting McAfee Consumer Support.

We have recently opened a Service Request for support based on the information you provided us at our support website. Below you will find the details of this request for your reference.

- Order #:
                              - Service Request #: 541038063
                              - Created Date: 07/31/2010 23:16:42

- Description: I have had McAfee for some years and renewed for another year only recently, now I wish I hadnt. A site I use all the time, dvdfab.com which you some years ago had quite incorrectly as a red site until I and maybe others got you to check it out and change it to green, now has a false trojan from you in their latest download, and I could not download it normally. The ONLY way I and many others could download the latest software from this excellent site was to turn off McAfee, leaving our computers vulnerable to attack, instal this excellent product, then restore McAfee. This is very annoying and making McAfee a laughing stock Worldwide, PLEASE FIX IT IMMEDIATELY, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X