X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBOX 360 + Burn in Subtitles

Hello,

I have not been able successfully burn subtitles into the .wmv file that is created using any version of 7.x. Works fine for me with version 6, all the settings are there and selected, but no subtitles? I'm sure this is something simple, but it has me stumped. I have been ripping the videos to the hard disk using V7 and then converting for Xbox using v6, but would like to figure it out and get back to a 1 step process. Any one else come across this?

If you have "Display only forced" checked and there are none, no subs will be rendered. Otherwise, you should see them. Does this happen with all movies?

//EDIT//
    I just tried one with the Xbox360/WMA9 profile and it worked perfectly. Check your settings, making sure ONLY ONE subpic stream is selected, the forced subs box is not checked, and Direct Render is selected on the edit page.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Subtitle Problem

Ok, it must be a setting on my end. Let me see if I can give you enough information to help me figure out what it is. Thank you for your help with this.

This happens with all movies. I have it set to only choose the English audio and sub-picture track. I select "display only forced sub picture".

This happens on both PC's that I use, a laptop running XP and a desktop running Win 7. I have never been able to use version 7 to encode a mobile file with burned in subtitles.

I will attach some screen shots of my settings so that you can take a look at what I have it set to.

Do you see anything wrong?
      Attached Files

Comment

Subtitle Problem

It appears to work if I do not check "display only forced subtitles". Problem Solved.

Comment

Glad it is working now. As I pointed out in post #2, if the sub stream you have selected does not contain any forced subs and you put a check in 'Display Only forced...' you will get no subs at all in the output. Some movies (Apocalypto for example) use the IFO file to make a certain sub stream play by default. Some (Avatar R1 DVD for example) have subs that are encoded into the video and don't require any sub stream to be selected.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X