X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Confusion

Ok, I'm confused.

According to everything I've read on this site regarding the free 'DVDFab HD Decrypter', it will rip (at least some) BluRay discs to HDD. Why then if I use my purchased 'DVDFab DVD to DVD' registration key does the 'HD Decrpyter' functionality seem to disappear after 30 days?

Also, it seems that the installation file for 'DVDFab HD Decrypter' and 'DVDFab DVD to DVD' are almost identical, the only difference that I can see being the additional text 'Non-CSS' in the 'DVDFab DVD to DVD' setup text.

Am I missing something here?

The non-CSS version does not decrypt anything. Uninstall it. Download only from the links posted in the forum, not from any other source.

The HD Decrypter version will have limited Blu-ray support, which you should be able to continue to use even after the 30-day trial period expires. If you purchased your registration anywhere except the dvdfab.com website, you have been scammed. The DVD to DVD may nor may not continue to work, but you will never be able to add features or other options. Sorry.

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
    Ok, I'm confused.

According to everything I've read on this site regarding the free 'DVDFab HD Decrypter', it will rip (at least some) BluRay discs to HDD. Why then if I use my purchased 'DVDFab DVD to DVD' registration key does the 'HD Decrpyter' functionality seem to disappear after 30 days?

Also, it seems that the installation file for 'DVDFab HD Decrypter' and 'DVDFab DVD to DVD' are almost identical, the only difference that I can see being the additional text 'Non-CSS' in the 'DVDFab DVD to DVD' setup text.

Am I missing something here?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      The non-CSS version does not decrypt anything. Uninstall it. Download only from the links posted in the forum, not from any other source.
      Um, I downloaded both install files from the official dvdfab website. The Non-CSS version was the standard 'DVDFab DVD to DVD' install file so it definitely does decrypt stuff (at least once you put a valid registration key in).

So should I still have (limited) BluRay to HDD decrypting/copying functionality after 30 days, even after entering a DVD to DVD reg key?

Comment

Originally posted by Sambo View Post
        Um, I downloaded both install files from the official dvdfab website. The Non-CSS version was the standard 'DVDFab DVD to DVD' install file so it definitely does decrypt stuff (at least once you put a valid registration key in).

So should I still have (limited) BluRay to HDD decrypting/copying functionality after 30 days, even after entering a DVD to DVD reg key?
        Yes. But the non-CSS version will be a problem. That's what is posted on dvdfab.net for legal reasons. Download from the links in the forum or the CSS version from dvdfab.com. The exact nature of the Blu-ray support in the free HD Decrypter version may change.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

What the!!?? That is SO confusing for new users!!! I would never have known if I hadn't posted on this forum!

So if downloading from the .net site, is there any difference between the 'HD Decrypter' and the 'DVD to DVD' downloads?

Comment

That is what this forum is all about.....

Safe bet..... Download using the links in this forum for both production & beta releases.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X