X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Playing Film copied to HDD

Hi,

I have a question...

Once I have copied the full disc (50GB) to hard drive I then want to play it to make sure its ok before I go ahead and encode it.

I am using Powerdvd 8, I can browse into the stream folder to play the film ok but how can I change the audio to check if all audio is ok?

Is the only way to do this, by running DVDfab, selecting film from folder then playing?

Is there another way?

Thanks,

Not sure about PDVD8 specifically, but PDVD10 and most other software players will allow you to change audio, turn subtitles on and off etc. by right clicking on the screen while the movie is playing, give that a try.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

When playing from disc i can change all that no problem but when i select the file in the stream folder its as if it's only the default or first audio associated with the file that plays and you cant change it.

I will see if i can download a trial PDVD8 to try it,

Thanks,

Comment

EDIT

PDVD10 i meant to say

Comment

If you go ahead and make the image (ISO) file from the folder and mount it with DVDFab Virtual Drive (free) I know PDVD10 will allow you to play it as if it were a disc and let you make the audio selections, etc. I think PDVD8 will also. If it's all OK, then all you have to do is burn the image to disc with DVDFab Write Data mode or ImgBurn.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The main reason for wanting this is, with a recent backup of Green Zone after i burnt it out and played it the voices were out of sync a little and i just want to be able to check it before the encoding process just to make sure it plays ok on pc first as a full disc.

If i select ISO instead of folder output does it take any longer to copy to hard drive as i have always set destination/source to folders?

Is DVDfab VD ok to use? I installed Daemon tools not that long ago since i upgraded my pc, several re-installs later i'm finally back up and working ok, never again!

Comment

deamon tools I had that but had to remove it due to computer problems that arouse. It takes the same amount of time to create a folder as it does an ISO. I use DVDFab VD and no issues with it and it is a free VD that seems to be pretty good compared to others. You may want to invest in a BD-RE (rewritable) disc as well. I say this because even though you watched on computer after you burn to disc you may have the problems you mentioned.

Comment

Working...
              X