This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about subtitles (help plz)

I'm backing up my Avatar BD, directly onto my Network Media Tank.

I can not see the English subtitles when they speak Navi? Now, I'm not asking how to add subtitles to the movie, I can do that, I'm saying when i play the movie from my NMT, I don't see the subtitles when they are speaking Navi.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

hi,

I backed up Avatar just last week and the "forced" subtitles you are on about are there.

Make sure when selecting your audio and subtitles you want that there is not the blue play triangle next to any of the subtitles as i have read this can cause forced subtitles not to work

What version of DVDfab are you running? I am running 7.0.8.2.

Also when i play the files withing the stream folder on my pc the subtitles are not present but once burnt they were fine.

In future i am now selecting the destination to be ISO instead of the DVDFab folder structure, then you can mount it with DVDfab Virtual Drive (free download) and play it like it is in a dedicated blu-ray player with all features including forced subtitles.

Hope this helps at all.

Comment

I am running ver 7.0.8.0 And I'm looking at the little preview window on the left side of the DVDFab screen, I've unselected all the subpicture languages, and made sure that there is NO little blue triangle next to any of them. I still don't see any of the forced subtitles??? I have not burned it a second time yet because it takes about 2 hrs to burn.

Comment

If you de-select (uncheck) all the subpicture streams, no subs will be present in the output. Select only the top English one if you have the US version of the BD, and as suggested by Barny, make sure the little blue default arrow is not present just to the left of the subpic stream checkbox, this will cause all the subs to be displayed, not just the Navispeak. Your player may not support forced subs, but I think most of them do. Try updating to a newer version of DVDFab, currently 7093.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

same problem 70- 90,92 and 93
          70.82 no problem

see another subs (for example spanish or french all of them is bad or gone)

Comment

Originally posted by Barny Rubble View Post
            Also when i play the files withing the stream folder on my pc the subtitles are not present but once burnt they were fine.
            I have not burned it to a BluRay disk, I've burned it to my Networked Media Tank.

Barny kinda nails down the problem I'm having, because when I burn directly to my NMT its the same thing as having it local on my PCs HDD. I have to play the video from the stream folder.

The the question is, how do I get the forced subtitles when playing from the stream folder.

Comment

If you are playing the streams directly from the rip to the HDD, you have no control over the contained information.

Try playing the folder using Media Player Classic Home cinema and you should have full control.

This is a drawback of your current procedures and/or player.

What you should be really doing is using XXX to Mobile and using the MKV container.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

So am I to understand that none of my AVI copies on my HDD will support the "forced" subtitles when I play it with BS Player? Ugh!
                Or do I simply need to find Media Player Classic Home Cinema and install that as my AVI player?

Comment

It depends on the settings you used when you made the AVIs.

Originally posted by Eddie. View Post
                  So am I to understand that none of my AVI copies on my HDD will support the "forced" subtitles when I play it with BS Player? Ugh!
                  Or do I simply need to find Media Player Classic Home Cinema and install that as my AVI player?
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I chose "forced" subtitles, but unchecked the subtitles in the subtitles box. I noticed when I left the defaulted "english" checked in the subtitles area, it gave english subtitles throughout the entire movie.

Comment

Then they will not be there. There will be an update to DVDFab soon that should fix this (the problem of all subs appearing when display only forced is checked).

Comment

Working...
                      X