X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(user center)

Hi

To change my email I need an account at "user center" (http://www.dvdfab.com/member.htm)

I tried to register a new user, and the system gives me:

"Verify Successfully
    Message sent successfully to your e-mail address, please check your e-mail for the next step."
    But I never got any email :-(

Sorry my french ;-)

Site seems to be buggy, also no email (also not in spam).
    人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
    Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

man I registered early this morning at like 4am and had no problems and email was sent to me. Maybe theya re just busy with everyone registering and it might take a little longer than usual to get the email

Comment

No problems here. I just created my account and was painless

The email did go to my junk folder but no biggie to correct that.
        "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Stange.... still nothing.

Comment

Try adding service at dvdfab.com (formatted as an email address) to your
            address book in your email client. Some ISPs are very aggressive (never deliver) email from unknown sources. The forum has this problem with sbcglobal.net bouncing the confirmation emails that go out with forum registration.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I however, have other kind of mystery to share... opposite to yours. After installation v8 I wanted to register it, prepared key and all that... Surprisingly, when I opened "About..." page, my Fab already registered, and all my settings are transferred from v7. How is it possible? Is Fab searching comp for previous versions??? It installed in directory of its own - DVDFab 8. It seems trojan-like behavior
              sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

DVDFab 6, DVDFab 7 and DVDFab 8 all use the same reg key so since the other was registered and key active then DVDFab 8 was activated as well

Comment

The key is held in the windows registry and this is why it transfers across versions.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    The key is held in the windows registry and this is why it transfers across versions.
                    Yes, it's correct and I know it, but presets, even ImgBurn settings... When I installed v7 next to v6 it didn't happened, I registered v7 from scratch, and I was setting all my preferences over... this time, its all there.
                    sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

It (thankfully) remembered all my settings too (but not customized profiles).
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Well, it picked up my customised profiles OK.

It looks like that when V8 installs it either copies or parses the uictl_customise.xml from the V7 directory to the V8 directory
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          Well, it picked up my customised profiles OK.

It looks like that when V8 installs it either copies or parses the uictl_customise.xml from the V7 directory to the V8 directory
                          That's what I was saying (implying) in my post. It's convenient considering my laziness. Freaky, but convenient.
                          sigpic

Comment

BTW, It is critical to REGISTER as a MEMBER? Or is it just mainly for retriveal of keys...etc?

The version 8 is working and I do not need to retrieve my password. Also, I assumed the BLOG is not open to public?

Comment

Originally posted by KanNeeNaBu View Post
                              BTW, It is critical to REGISTER as a MEMBER? Or is it just mainly for retriveal of keys...etc?

The version 8 is working and I do not need to retrieve my password. Also, I assumed the BLOG is not open to public?
                              I think there is a "comment" button on the blog but have not tried it.

It is not critical to register, it just allows access to download your key directly (without email) for now. More services may be added in the future.

Comment

Working...
                              X