X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General question: is DVDFab a product for me

Hi forum,

Perhaps I started the wrong way by trying out several things instead of asking you guys (and especially admin's) if DVDFab (or one or more of its components) is the product for my needs.

I have a lot of DVD's and my collection is also growing. I like a lot to watch concerts but of course other movies are also in my collection. What bothers me when watching concerts is that if you want to watch different songs from different artists, you have to play disc jockey AND have your table filled with discs.

My dream is to be able to watch my discs as if I'm using my iPod; I make playlists or just browse between everything I have in my collection and have (almost) instantly access to everything, without having to swap discs and run through all security and copy warnings and audio settings. Also if I want to watch a movie, just scroll through a list and pick what I want.

Don't bother about the player, network, NAS, etc. That's all arranged, I know what to do. No, it's about the source I'll be playing (e.g. via my Dune base 3).

Can DVDFab make a file with 2 audio channels (e.g. DTS-HD and DTS) and 2 subtitles ? This file should be made from a blu ray and compressed to let's say 10 Gb. Possibly you'll tell me the process will have different steps, but can someone tell me if it's possible and if yes, tell me how please. Apparently I can't find the right way on my own.

Thanks to everyone who can help me !

Originally posted by Screwsy View Post
    Can DVDFab make a file with 2 audio channels (e.g. DTS-HD and DTS) and 2 subtitles ? This file should be made from a blu ray and compressed to let's say 10 Gb. Possibly you'll tell me the process will have different steps, but can someone tell me if it's possible and if yes, tell me how please. Apparently I can't find the right way on my own.
    Sorry, not at this time. DVDFab Ripper can output 1 video and 1 audio into a file. A subtitle track can also be exported to idx/sub at the same time.

However, given what you are trying to do, your best bet may be to use ISO. DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy can create a DB9 disc that retains the chapters, audio, and subtitles. You would need a playback device that can handle BD ISOs.

Comment

You can do what I think you want with DVD sources using Merge mode, i.e. make a DVD9-size VIDEO_TS folder or ISO with chapters from as many as 64 different DVD sources. It will not have any menus, warnings or other crap. The selections (songs as chapters) will play back in the order you specify when you make the merge. To play a different song, use your player to select the chapter that corresponds to the song you want or they will play from beginning to end (then loop back to the beginning if you choose). If you convert this merged folder or ISO using DVDFab DVD Ripper, it will output individual files for each chapter (i.e. each title in the merge). There is no merge mode for Blu-ray currently, but I would not be surprised if we don't have that too someday as development continues. If this sounds like what you want, put a thread for it in the Feature Request forum. ("Blu-ray Merge Mode")
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
        Sorry, not at this time. DVDFab Ripper can output 1 video and 1 audio into a file. A subtitle track can also be exported to idx/sub at the same time.

However, given what you are trying to do, your best bet may be to use ISO. DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy can create a DB9 disc that retains the chapters, audio, and subtitles. You would need a playback device that can handle BD ISOs.
        Well, I would be happy to believe you and so I started testing the Blu-ray to Blu-ray module. The audio channels were ok. Unfortunately I have
        1. lost all chapters when visualising the movie and
        2. no subtitles at all.

I did this test with 2 different BD's (Quantum of Solace and Bucket List). Twice it gave me the same bad result as mentioned above.

Perhaps you would suggest me now to post it then in the appropriate "Software Support" chapters, but apparently there is no one able to answer my (simple ?) questions even by giving all information and with log files...
        http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=7655 and
        http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=7657
        Anyway I'll post it there because I agree it would be a better place to report a problem and by mentioning all details and logs.

I thank you for your suggestion and also other people's attempts to help but until now no one could tell me how I should proceed or if it's possible.

My conclusion for now is that DVDFab offers possibilities via the user interface that do NOT work. This results in
        1. NOT obtaining what was asked or
        2. the programme stops working (and thus NO result at all).

In other words DVDFab is a buggy programme that never gives me the requested result.

Comment

Please stop creating so many threads. One is enough. I have combined many of yours to one.

Comment

Working...
          X