This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other AVI file to dvd

Can anyone tell me how I take a AVI file from my computer and copy it to a dvd? I purchase the dvdfab product but cannot fiqure it out.

Thanks,

Assuming you are not trying to do any conversion, DVDFab is not suitable for this. Try to use ImgBurn, a highly recommended application. Or Nero, or any regular dvd-creating application.

EDIT:
    there are many guides on how to use ImgBurn in the pinned topics of this forum.
    Last edited by alcyone; 08-26-2010, 04:22 PM. Reason: added EDIT

Comment

if you want you can use convert x to dvd its good for convert any format to dvd..

Comment

To clarify, you can burn a DVD full of AVIs for storage, but they won't play on most DVD players. If you want a playable DVD with IFO,VOB files and the required DVD structure, you will need to use other software to make the conversion, like ConvertXtoDVD that stealthrtt suggested.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          To clarify, you can burn a DVD full of AVIs for storage, but they won't play on most DVD players.
          Actually, I have seen many standalones from the past three years and all of them support(ed) DivX, XviD, SVCD, ordinary audio CDs or data CDs with mp3s (or even AVIs). In fact, it is quite hard to find a player that doesn't support reproduction of AVIs from DVDs or CDs these days.

I suppose tracyd is trying to do exactly this - transfer (copy) AVIs to DVD blanks.

Comment

Working...
          X