Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why buy lifetime when you can only install it on 2 computers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why buy lifetime when you can only install it on 2 computers?

I was planning on purchasing. I emailed and inquired about the lifetime plan and I was told that I could only install it on 2 computers during that time. I would then need to rebuy the program.

Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the lifetime plan?

Confused!!

That is not correct. You can move it as you upgrade your PC over time. Read the EULA. I think it says on two computers at the same time.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

5. Can I register on two computers with Single-User License?

Yes, the Single-User License can be used on two machines at most. It can not work on the third computer."

Do not run Fab simultaneously on 2 pcs.
      If both are connected to the internet, you run the risk of having the regkey blacklisted.

To anticipate another of your questions, if you purchase another pc, you can install Fab on this one, but you would need to uninstall from one of the two previous pcs.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

To add what they said.......lifetime means lifetime
        "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

My question to them:

So then I guess it is silly to buy the lifetime membership as I will be
          going through more than 2 computers in that time period so I will have to rebuy anyway?

Their response:

For this issue, you can order a multi-license for your DVDFab.
          For example you can buy 2 licenses for 4 computers, ect..
          Thanks for your understanding!
          Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.

Comment

You don't have to rebuy it for the one (or 2) you have it on. You have to buy another license (key) for the others over and above the one (or 2) you have it on.
            "You've got a hole in your soul if you don't dig the Blues"

Keith Richards ~ "If You Want The Last Laugh........Join The Rolling Stones"

Click to join forum.dvdfab.com

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              To anticipate another of your questions, if you purchase another pc, you can install Fab on this one, but you would need to uninstall from one of the two previous pcs.
              Originally posted by ustasmom View Post
              My question to them:
              going through more than 2 computers in that time period so I will have to rebuy anyway?
              ?????

You can only install a single license on 2 pcs at a time.
              As I said, "To anticipate another of your questions, if you purchase another pc, you can install Fab on this one,
              but you would need to uninstall from one of the two previous pcs
              ".

You can buy 15 pcs, but you must only have Fab installed on 2 of the 15 at any one time...
              Two at a time...only
              Last edited by maineman; 08-31-2010, 12:44 PM.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

They did not understand your question and you have not understood our answers to you. Please read them again.

Originally posted by ustasmom View Post
                My question to them:

Their response:

For this issue, you can order a multi-license for your DVDFab.
                For example you can buy 2 licenses for 4 computers, ect..
                Thanks for your understanding!
                Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X