No announcement yet.

A Question About CUDA Video Cards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU A Question About CUDA Video Cards.

I have been reading thru these post, and notice that some of the nVidia 400 series card do not perform well with DVDFab, yet the 200 series card seem to do really well. I am considering the GTX 260, and was wondering if anybody here has this card and is happy with CUDA performance.

Also is CUDA proprietary to nVidia or do other video cards besides nVidia do CUDA?

nvidia only.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply!
      Signals is the a particular card that you like that does CUDA well with DVDFab?

Comment

Well, the 400-series Fermi cards are newer and higher performance in theory, but some users have had difficulties with them. I have a GT 230, which is not quite enough. The GTX 260 and 275 I think are used by many members with good results, among them my friends Maineman, Ipopov50 and Fengtao.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have the gtx460 and was rendering a blu-ray to h.264 mp4 @ 5k bitrate and was rendering at 50.1ish fps. very impressive and a huge gain from rendering from my cpu (12fps)

Comment

That is good performance for so high a bitrate, thanks for the feedback. Happy to hear that DVDFab is working well with the 400 series.

Comment

Originally posted by Courage68 View Post
              I have the gtx460 and was rendering a blu-ray to h.264 mp4 @ 5k bitrate and was rendering at 50.1ish fps. very impressive and a huge gain from rendering from my cpu (12fps)
              what BD drive & cpu do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
                what BD drive & cpu do you have?
                LG 10x Reader and a Phenom 9950 quadcore @ 3.0ghz

Comment

I normally don't use an h.264 mp4 profile, but just for comparison's sake.
                  Just did a BD ---> h.264 mp4 @ 5k fixed bitrate and realized an average fps of 100-110.

EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3

Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

maineman: Thats funny, I have the exact model vid card as you, except I'm running an AMD Phenom II x4 945, so your setup might be a little faster as you have an i7, but maybe I'll try this out and report back as well.
                    SPECS
                    DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                    SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
                      maineman: Thats funny, I have the exact model vid card as you, except I'm running an AMD Phenom II x4 945, so your setup might be a little faster as you have an i7, but maybe I'll try this out and report back as well.
                      Nice card !!!...lol
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                        I normally don't use an h.264 mp4 profile, but just for comparison's sake.
                        Just did a BD ---> h.264 mp4 @ 5k fixed bitrate and realized an average fps of 100-110.

EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3

Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
                        maineman,

How much ran do you have in you system. I am running an i7 920 w/ a gtx460 OC with 4GB of ram and I am only seeing `60FPS. Do you have both Encode and Decode set to CUDA?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X