kills my HP Blu Ray Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kills my HP Blu Ray Player?

I have a new HP Pavillion with a combo Blu Ray burner BD-RE BH20L and Windows 7 (64-bit). Installing DVDFab version 8 (and prior versions, for that matter) killed my drive. It disabled the system from reading the media so diskpart listed it as RAW format, therefore it would not play anything, CD (Data or Music), DVD or Blu Ray. Trying to explore the disk in Windows Explorer returned, "insert media." Uninstalling DVDFab and having the computer rediscover the drive after deleting it in Device Manager, returned the drive functions back. I am a 3 year paid DVDFab customer... but it took hours to figure out why my drive was no longer reading media. Can't have this kind of corruption of my system! Sorry..... but thought you and everyone else should know.
    Regards,

Originally posted by rstephan View Post
    I have a new HP Pavillion ,
    You probably have so much bloatware and packet writing software on that new computer that was interfering with seeing the Blu-ray drive. Instead of bashing DVDFab maybe you should have asked why that happened and someone here could have got it working for you

Comment

I resent that. I have worked with computers for 20 years. I spent HOURS isolating the problem and it IS DVDFab! Install DVDFab and it changes the system so that the File System for the Blu Ray is RAW. Uninstall DVDFab and re-detect the drive and it restores the drive's ability to read the media. Are you serious, as a moderator, to trash a complaint without any understanding at all?!

Comment

I have an HP Pavilion dv8t with the UJ240 BD burner drive and have never had this issue. I am not suggesting that it is not happening to you, just pointing out that seemingly insignificant differences in drivers, operating environment or user actions can change the way systems behave. A possible cause if this behaviour might be closing DVDFab without clicking Finish or a problem with Autoplay on your system. Does it behave the same way with Autoplay turned off? If you have an ASPI driver on your system, try putting DVDFab in ASPI I/O mode in Common Settings. If that corrects the problem, it points to a conflict with other software that wants SPTI access to the drive. If this was a common problem we would have seen more of it in the forum.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          I have an HP Pavilion dv8t with the UJ240 BD burner drive and have never had this issue. I am not suggesting that it is not happening to you, just pointing out that seemingly insignificant differences in drivers, operating environment or user actions can change the way systems behave. A possible cause if this behaviour might be closing DVDFab without clicking Finish or a problem with Autoplay on your system. Does it behave the same way with Autoplay turned off? If you have an ASPI driver on your system, try putting DVDFab in ASPI I/O mode in Common Settings. If that corrects the problem, it points to a conflict with other software that wants SPTI access to the drive. If this was a common problem we would have seen more of it in the forum.
          This is an HP Pavillion e9280t with an i-7 processor. The drive is a BH20L. Windows 7 64-bit. The system changes DVDFab makes are on installation of DVDFab, without having run DVDFab once. When I go to diskpart in command mode, it shows the drive with media as having a file system of RAW, rather than something readable, such as CDFS or UDF. If I uninstall DVDFab, everything returns to normal. With DVDFab, Windows cannot read the media, without DVDFab, Windows reads everything, blu ray, cd, data, dvd....

Would like a solution. I subscribed to DVDFab. But if I have to choose, I need my drive in working order. I spent tons of time with HP Support thinking my drive went bad. Actually it was DVDFab.

Comment

Working...
          X