Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is "Blu-Ray Copy" compatible with DVD's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is "Blu-Ray Copy" compatible with DVD's?

I need to make some copies of my daughters DVD's, remove the menus so it starts up with the movie only with the right language.
    And I assume that DVD Copy is hust the right thing for me?

But I might do some Blu Rays in the future also, so can I buy the "Blu-Ray Copy" and still work with DVD's, untill I buy a BD-drive for the PC?

Regards
    Thomas H. - www.thhe.dk

Originally posted by thhedk View Post
    I need to make some copies of my daughters DVD's, remove the menus so it starts up with the movie only with the right language.
    And I assume that DVD Copy is hust the right thing for me?
    But I might do some Blu Rays in the future also, so can I buy the "Blu-Ray Copy" and still work with DVD's, untill I buy a BD-drive for the PC?
    Regards
    Thomas H. - www.thhe.dk
    Your first question is yes, DVD Copy can do this for you.

You second question is no, you would have to purchase either DVD Copy for DVD'S, or Blu-Ray Copy for Blu-Rays, but you have free trial for 30 days to experiment with Fab
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
      Your first question is yes, DVD Copy can do this for you.

You second question is no, you would have to purchase either DVD Copy for DVD'S, or Blu-Ray Copy for Blu-Rays, but you have free trial for 30 days to experiment with Fab
      Hope this helps
      CBR929

Ok, a bit weird not making it Backward compatibility !!
      Or maybe not, if they want to earn some money

Comment

Sorry, as I do not work for Fab I am just a member like you and this is the best investment I have made considering the cost of replacement movies
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Of course they want to make money. That is the sole purpose of being in business, to make money to support his family.

Comment

Marketing strategies aside...one has very little to do with another except conceptually.
            It has nothing to do with backward compatibility. Different coding, different software.

Yeah, just imagine...running a business and wanting to make $
            I'm shocked, shocked I tell you...lol
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
              Of course they want to make money. That is the sole purpose of being in business, to make money to support his family.

I know, but I still think of BluRay as the replacement of DVD, and it could be in the same program, as all burning programs.

Comment

Not strange at all. Two different encryption methods, three different video encoding systems, different file systems...in short, more differences than similarities. If done the way you suggest, everyone would have to pay about double for the Copy part of the program. Better the way it is I think, just buy what you need.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X